Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns for nuts

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

One question . Who kills more people each year criminals or family members and friends? Don't forget kids.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    One question . Who kills more people each year criminals or family members and friends? Don't forget kids.
    And how is this relevant? Are you trying to say we ban guns, people won't be killing their friends or family?

That didn't stop a Susan Smith from driving her car into the lake and killing her sons. Or the Florida dad who throw his child off the bridge. Or a mom from stabbing and killing her 2 kids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/08/us/flo...ter/index.html

http://wreg.com/2013/07/31/mother-stabs-two-children/

Pin Crusher

Every journey starts with one small step.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    If you really want to understand the 2nd Amendment and the thoughts on the country's founders on it you should read some of the Federalist Papers. You will see the reason for a well armed citizen militia wasn't just to protect as an armed service from invasion but to protect the citizenry from despotism and out of control government. The armed citizenry were the check against a tyrannical government ruling against the wishes of the people.

Now if you would like to make a valid point you could argue that in this age it's useless as the military has access to weapons that makes any kind of armed resistance moot no matter how well armed. You could argue the second amendment is useless as intended but not that the only reason for the second amendment was for an adjunct army because that was never the intention.

Regardless of weapons bans bad and crazy people will still find ways of killing people it's always been that way and always will. It really doesn't matter if your shot, stabbed, blown up in a bombing, or set afire you're just as dead and the items to commit those acts will always be available to someone looking for a way to do it.
    Very well said!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

According to the Pew Research Center, most gun deaths are suicides so the answer to your question is: None of the above.

I just started reading this thread today as I normally don't read any of the political stuff, but it is apparent to me that you are very dedicated to your position despite having shown a striking lack of knowledge on the topic...

Cranker

mentally ill can mean a lot of things not just violent
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Every journey starts with one small step.

Again, you're implying that your judgement is better than those of us who choose to be armed. I don't have any issues if you choose to be a victim. As a matter of fact, if I were put in a position to be near you, and you needed that service, I don't feel I'd hesitate to provide it. What you can't do is tell me that my position is wrong. Not without an argument.

I am tired of bleeding hearts trying to tell me what's best for me. I don't come into their homes and bless them with my feelings. I'd appreciate if you more liberal folk would grant me the same courtesy.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

I'm certainly in favor of gun control. I want to have good control of the gun I have in my hands, whether it's my .44 magnum, 38 special or my 12ga shotgun.

And if anybody would like to take any of them away from me, you will have to pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Thank God I live in an open carry state!
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Bowler

The real issue of changing the second amendment is just a moot point . The actual underlying issue is that if the can change oe amendment. How long till the chage the rest and take away the basic rights we have no? Due process and unreasonable search and seizure

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmore View Post
    The real issue of changing the second amendment is just a moot point . The actual underlying issue is that if the can change oe amendment. How long till the chage the rest and take away the basic rights we have no? Due process and unreasonable search and seizure
    This is the one area where who is elected president is very important.

You don't need to change an amendment if enough of the 9 monkeys on the supreme court will interpret the current amendment in the way you want.

Thats why the Repubs are holding off their "advise and consent" with a current replacement monkey.

Their hope is that we elect their guy as president, who will then select a monkey of their liking.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast