Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns for nuts

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    This is the one area where who is elected president is very important.

You don't need to change an amendment if enough of the 9 monkeys on the supreme court will interpret the current amendment in the way you want.

Thats why the Repubs are holding off their "advise and consent" with a current replacement monkey.

Their hope is that we elect their guy as president, who will then select a monkey of their liking.

Legislating through the courts was never how the Founding Fathers intended this to work. The courts are supposed to enforce the laws, not rewrite or reinterpret them. Unfortunately, that's what seems to happen today.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

All I know for a fact is this: you want to take my weapons then you better have more fire power and better accuracy.

Whiile I wouldn't want to force my ideas on anybody I personally wouldn't have a problem with a national database containing ballistics for all firearms. If I don't commit a crime then it can only be used to clear me. If I do commit a crime it will be a spree and I won't make it out alive anyway.

Many believe PTSD to be a mental illness. Yet it isn't enough to take our weapons because incompetency can not be established which is required to prevent registering a firearm.

Learn from history. Alcohol was illegal yet it was still readily available. The only people gun control laws will protect are criminals as they won't have to worry as much about a well armed and ready advesary protecting their family and/or home. That's why gun free zones have been targeted so heavily the past ten years.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Pin Crusher

Would you object to every gun being registered?
    How about every gun having a ballistic test on file so the cops could know which gun killed someone?

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    How about every gun having a ballistic test on file so the cops could know which gun killed someone?

When the government started NICS in 1993, it was supposed to be used only for background checks only, and then that record was supposed to be illiminated. Every gun bought was registered at that time. I don't believe for a minute that those records were actually gotten rid of. As far as registering guns bought before then, good luck. Are you saying that people who's parents gave them shotguns and rifles when they were children should go and register those guns? And then have them ballistics tested? Who pays for that? Surely you're not suggesting that I should have to pay for that, right?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Pin Crusher

Of course not shot guns. Rifles and hand guns. Just bring them in record the ser. number and fire a couple of shots into a water tank and take your gun home.

Pin Crusher

Of course not shot guns. Rifles and hand guns. Just bring them in record the ser. number and fire a couple of shots into a water tank and take your gun home.

Naive at best. Orwellian at worst.

I hear all this discussion on registering every gun and it takes me to a scene in the (first) Red Dawn where the first thing the invader did was head straight for the gun ownership records. Fiction has a way of becoming fact. I wonder what will be next, knives, hammers and rocks. Our liberties have been slowing eroding away. Seems lately they have switched from undermining the constitution with spoons to steam shovels. Just my opinion.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I don't plan on murdering anybody so I wouldn't have an issue with it. I also understand people's mistrust of the government and why they would be against it.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Pin Crusher

This all started with the question in a survey that asked should mentally unstable people should be allowed to purchase fire arms. 21% thought it was OK. Justifying that % was all I was looking for. I am not comfortable with unstable people buying guns. Does the constitution say that?

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    I hear all this discussion on registering every gun and it takes me to a scene in the (first) Red Dawn where the first thing the invader did was head straight for the gun ownership records. Fiction has a way of becoming fact. I wonder what will be next, knives, hammers and rocks. Our liberties have been slowing eroding away. Seems lately they have switched from undermining the constitution with spoons to steam shovels. Just my opinion.
    Actually Red Dawn probably got it from Hitler. One of the first things he did was enact gun control, and do weapon's registration. He then removed all the weapon's from people who were not sympathetic to his cause.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...hen-p-halbrook

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast