Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Guns for nuts

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I see now Tennessee is bringing up a law that, if you are harmed in a "gun free zone", you will be able to sue the creator of said zone for not being able to carry. Sounds like one of the first "common sense" guns laws I've ever heard of!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2024/2025 YTD highs--High game-231; high series-650

Pin Crusher

Ok I give up we should all go out and get a bunch of guns and carry them everywhere we go. My only hope is that none of you ever accidentally shoot and kill someone by accident. Or you grand kids never get the guns and hurt themselves of anyone else. Remember when your teenage son comes home drunk at 4 A.M. and stumbles into your bedroom by accident and you shoot him I will feel bad for you.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Wow this has been the most active thread in a while. When I get to my hotel I want to read the whole thread and see if I can add anything. I actually own a gun store so if anyone has any questions about the behind the scenes process feel free to ask. I can 100% tell you that what the media says is hardly ever completely true. The laws/process will vary some by state but here in FLORIDA we can own anything we want and they are treated very similar until you get into NFA items (which we can also own all of unlike some states)

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

There's some mis information in here as well.

First, "AR" is Armalite Rifle not assault rifle. No mass shootings of recent years have used "assault rifles"

If you want to see how well gun control works, look at Chicago murder rates. They have some of, if not the strictest gun laws in the country

Take a look at the FBI statistics on deaths and you'll see that more people are killed by knives, personal weapons (fists, hands, feet) and blunt objects (hammers, clubs) than rifles.

The issue with the no fly list is that someone can be added without due process and therefor stripped of their rights to firearms. Now if there was due process before being added and therefore losing your rights then I'm ok with that. But to be added without even knowing isn't fair to the citizens if you are going to strip their rights .

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Ok I give up we should all go out and get a bunch of guns and carry them everywhere we go. My only hope is that none of you ever accidentally shoot and kill someone by accident. Or you grand kids never get the guns and hurt themselves of anyone else. Remember when your teenage son comes home drunk at 4 A.M. and stumbles into your bedroom by accident and you shoot him I will feel bad for you.
    My only hope is that when you are carjacked and your wife and son are shot dead in front of you while you are powerless to do anything but watch and call 911 as they lie dead at your feet you can reconcile that with your conscience. Why anyone would not do everything they can to protect the ones they care about is beyond me...

Pin Crusher

I live in a suburb of Detroit and listen to the news on TV. Every single day there are shootings 99% are in the inner city black neighborhoods. No judgement just a fact. My neighborhood is quiet and we haven't had a shooting there on the west side in I don't know when. To my west is Inkster always shootings there. Again black on black. I don't go there at night so I don't get mugged or carjacked or shot at. What we need is jobs for the kids who are killing each other over stupid stuff. They can't get a job and they all are armed and angry. I am not going to judge them they got dealt a bad hand.
    There are not any jobs for these young people to get. Education would help but if they all went to school and got associate degrees they still couldn't get a job. There just aren't enough jobs that pay well to go around.
    You can keep your guns and you still won't be safe if everyone looking for a job can't find one.
    I feel sorry for them and for anyone who lives in so much fear that they can't leave home without carrying a gun.

Pin Crusher

What planet do you live on that this s**t happens? Both of my daughters grew up in a house that had guns. Neither of them touch them without permission. If you have guns in the house, you have to teach your children right from wrong. There was never anything "special" made about guns in my house. It was part of life for my girls growing up. My grandson is being raised the same way. When they had a sick raccoon near the house, mommy went out and dispatched it.

Neither of my kids ever came strolling in drunk at 4 a.m. Must have raised them to know better.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Pin Crusher

I live in a suburb of Detroit and listen to the news on TV. Every single day there are shootings 99% are in the inner city black neighborhoods. No judgement just a fact. My neighborhood is quiet and we haven't had a shooting there on the west side in I don't know when. To my west is Inkster always shootings there. Again black on black. I don't go there at night so I don't get mugged or carjacked or shot at. What we need is jobs for the kids who are killing each other over stupid stuff. They can't get a job and they all are armed and angry. I am not going to judge them they got dealt a bad hand.
    There are not any jobs for these young people to get. Education would help but if they all went to school and got associate degrees they still couldn't get a job. There just aren't enough jobs that pay well to go around.
    You can keep your guns and you still won't be safe if everyone looking for a job can't find one.
    I feel sorry for them and for anyone who lives in so much fear that they can't leave home without carrying a gun.

Biggest bunch of liberal horses**t I've heard in this string so far. "We need jobs for the kids". Nobody handed me a frickin' job when I got out of school. Can't find a job that pays well enough? It's called starting out at the bottom. That's how you're supposed to do it. Want to make $15 an hour? Better plan on actually learning a skill. God forbid anyone get their hands dirty. There's plenty of demand for ground level jobs that can take you places, but you have to put the work in. It doesn't happen over night. I've been a machinist for over 30 years, but I started learning that at 17. I'm not buying that there aren't jobs out there.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Now now, let's keep things civil. I know this is a very emotional topic for some but I just ask to stay adults about it, we do have youth bowlers on here.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    There's some mis information in here as well.

First, "AR" is Armalite Rifle not assault rifle. No mass shootings of recent years have used "assault rifles"

If you want to see how well gun control works, look at Chicago murder rates. They have some of, if not the strictest gun laws in the country

Take a look at the FBI statistics on deaths and you'll see that more people are killed by knives, personal weapons (fists, hands, feet) and blunt objects (hammers, clubs) than rifles.

The issue with the no fly list is that someone can be added without due process and therefor stripped of their rights to firearms. Now if there was due process before being added and therefore losing your rights then I'm ok with that. But to be added without even knowing isn't fair to the citizens if you are going to strip their rights .
    I agree on the no fly list why they could even decide a gun shop owner belongs on the list then where are they. it's suppose to be innocent until proven guilty ..unfortunately the criminal will always have guns they follow no laws. I'm thinking I need to buy a gun while I still can
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast