Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns for nuts

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    This all started with the question in a survey that asked should mentally unstable people should be allowed to purchase fire arms. 21% thought it was OK. Justifying that % was all I was looking for. I am not comfortable with unstable people buying guns. Does the constitution say that?
    I am guessing a large percentage of those "in favor" of "mentally ill" people buying guns are those that realize this is a trick question. It is so broad and incomplete as to be meaningless.

Define mentally ill. Does mental illness equal being "nuts" as you asserted? Until 1973, homosexuality was in the DSM as a recognized and treatable mental illness.

Should mentally ill people be allowed to vote?

Who decides who is mentally ill?

How is this information shared with the government?

Ever heard of HIPPA?

It's simply a way of phrasing a question designed to illicit a specific response from non-thinking people to use a debate fodder...

Bowler
    Chats: 0

I would think that any registry of guns would defeat the very reason We are given the right to have guns. Nothing would prevent the overbearing government from coming to your home in force if they knew every guns size and location.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmore View Post
    I would think that any registry of guns would defeat the very reason We are given the right to have guns. Nothing would prevent the overbearing government from coming to your home in force if they knew every guns size and location.
    Agreed ...no matter how tight the laws bottom line we will be out gunned by the criminal who could care less about gun laws
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Pin Crusher

Where do you guys live that you feel so scared that you need an arsenal to protect you home and family when you leave you home? My house was broken in back in 1987 I called the police and they came out and looked around the house. They found a broken window in the basement. The went out side and followed the foot prints in the snow to the next street and arrested the two 14 year olds. The parents gave me $60 dollars for a new window and a few dollars in coins that were taken. I still have night mares over those kids.

Cranker

Where do you guys live that you feel so scared that you need an arsenal to protect you home and family when you leave you home? My house was broken in back in 1987 I called the police and they came out and looked around the house. They found a broken window in the basement. The went out side and followed the foot prints in the snow to the next street and arrested the two 14 year olds. The parents gave me $60 dollars for a new window and a few dollars in coins that were taken. I still have night mares over those kids.
    As I mentioned earlier, I lived in NYC during the 80s and got caught in the middle of a gun fight. I personally know 3 people from my teen years who were executed mob style, I've also been jumped by 10+ guys and been mugged on the subway before. Even with all that, I have no desire to own a gun but I understand that gun control isn't about getting guns off the street, its about control over the people.

What do all these mass shootings have in common besides the nut job doing the shooting? It is that there was no one armed that could fight back. If you want the mass shootings to stop, make it mandatory for every business to have at least one gun onsite.

And if you think gun control works, there was a shooting and bombing last night in Turkey and they have bans on assault weapons.

Pin Crusher

Religious nuts are even more dangerous than normal nuts.

Religious nuts are even more dangerous than normal nuts.
    you have a lot of dangerous ones in your neighborhood ..at least from what the news is saying ...shaira law here it comes
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiewoodard57 View Post
    you have a lot of dangerous ones in your neighborhood ..at least from what the news is saying ...shaira law here it comes
    Above all, beware the most pernicious of all nuts....the liberal nut.

Ringer

No matter what laws they pass the criminals are still going to get guns. It hurts the regular person, not the unstable.

Pin Crusher

I live in Milwaukee, which, thanks to our wonderful liberal mayor, has turned into Chicago North. We're only half way through the year, and well over the murder rate for last year. I don't feel safe driving anywhere north of I-94, which is why I carry if I'm heading that direction. Yesterday, we had a broad-day carjacking in one of the supposedly "safe" neighborhoods here, and the only reason they got caught was they tried to jack a car the had a manual transmission (kind of funny, actually). I have never had to pull my weapon, fortunately, but you can be damn straight I won't be a victim. As far as in my home, if you enter uninvited, and show the slightest inclination to do me or mine harm, and you'll be a red mist.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast