Thread: Venom Cobra Review

Default Venom Cobra Review

Ball Specs:
    Motiv Venom Cobra
    Hybrid Reactive
    5000 LSP
    Ball Specs: Symmetric Core (Top Gear)

Venom Cobra
    The new Top Gear core in the Venom Cobra is a blast to see go down the lane. The Core/Cover combination on Cobra is a perfect compliment to the original Shock. I drilled my Cobra Pin down with a 45 X 4.5 X 60, this layout leaves the pin in the grip line and I used a small P3 hole to enhance the flare. The Cobra has no issues getting through the front part of the lane no matter how muddled the fronts get. With the low RG value of the Top Gear core this ball reads the middle part of the lane really well, not as strong as the shock being the cover is cleaner. Once the Cobra gets the back part of the lane the ball truly shines, the Top Gear core kicks in with the Dual Density weight block. The change in direction is more noticeable than the shock and it seems as though you can truly throw this ball to the window and even through the window at times without worry. If there is one noticeable difference between the shock and the Cobra, the Cobra does not fair as well as the shock with carry down. The Cobra does allow me to go deeper in the lane so long as the spot down lane is still clean enough. If the spot down lane is a little messy, I go right to the Paranoia. With all this being said if you nee a ball that is cleaner than the shock and not as violent as the Paranoia this is the nugget for you. I truly have enjoyed tossing this ball on a variety of conditions and when this ball sees the lane with the shape I like there is not stopping this ball...
    #STRIKEBACK

Clayton Mohr
    Motiv Staff

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Drilled mine 60° X 3 1/2" X 40° without a hole. This ball rocks! Pick a spot on the lane that suits your style and watch the pins fly!
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com