Thread: New Brunswick Balls to be Released

Chats: 2315

Default New Brunswick Balls to be Released

Chats: 0

been a long time since I rolled a Brunswick...

I've noticed a lot of manufacturers are coming out with 2.5x RG's with high # mattes. Changing coverstocks etc. I will admit, I'm a little worried they are tending to crankers more with the ball stocks. I do know pin placements vary for us strokers on those types of balls, and don't shoot me, but I'm not on top of all the equipment balls, RG - coverstock ratio meaning, etc, but with drills YET, I know I don't like the "new way" of ball drilling either (shorter spans). I tend with longer span and 1/8 reverse pitch in thumb slightly shifted right, so I can squeeze the ball without knotting my thumb, lol

Speaking of this, I purchased 2 more visionary Ogre Solid and Frankie May Solid. 600Matte and 1000 Matte respectively - I'm looking forward to rolling the Ogre solid with a 2-3" Pin, putting under ring finger to roll and set quicker - hopefully it has more hit power than the Gladiator solid did with that pin out placement - it slammed pocket but corners were off and on. Never really consistent enough to be my ball of choice, usually turned to Venom but then got over/under reaction due to pearl cover - I really think the over/under is sustained in my head after a few bad ball purchases as I'm mostly solid packing now except for the Immortal (polished pearl) with Pin up over ring finger, get's me great length with not over bearing uncontrollable flip.

Also, apologizing for hijacking thread from Brunswick ball equipment, it just got my eye of the wild card, same specs as the Visionary FM signature ball.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 2315

Iceman, I think the reason the the RG's is to get the ball to match up one way or another. I do notice the higher grit sanded surfaces now and I think that's just the finishing touch to get the ball to be most useable on the intended condition. Just my opinion there.

The core in the Diamondback has been used in a few balls now, the first being the Sidewinder I believe. The numbers appear to be the same. The only reason I mention this is to point out they're not just now putting higher RG's on the cores. You could probably say that about a couple of the balls though.

About the "new way" of drilling, there's still obviously such a thing as too short. But the idea is a more relaxed grip, and I think there's somewhat of a fine line between too short and too long for that. Since you prefer to squeeze, the stretched span(or is it?) and more reverse is probably right for you. The "new way" is so people can keep from knuckling the ball.