Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lane Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckR View Post
    Many Thanks to all. The information and suggestions on what I should look for and adjustments to the pattern change are in my book.
    I looked into trying to find what the pattern is called and Kegel has a WIDE variety to chose from, but I couldn't find this one. Can the machine be tweaked
    to any layout the House wants?
    First, to answer your question, yes, the machine can be tweaked to any layout the House wants. Aside from that, you cannot disregard lane topography and weather conditions and just consider the pattern. The pattern can play completely differently from one center to another. Is your tournament in the bowling center or the Plaza? That makes a big difference. Just use the pattern as a starting point, but don't feel locked into anything based just on the pattern.

SandBagger
    Chats: 0

It is the Military High-Roller August 12-14 in the Center. I would love to try the Plaza, but that layout looks very tough. When I bought the Mastermind Genius there, the shot was 5 boards left of center and out to the 12 board. I figure to start there and see what the results are with the Melee Hook. I may have the balls baked and brought back to box with slightly more surface.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    First, to answer your question, yes, the machine can be tweaked to any layout the House wants. Aside from that, you cannot disregard lane topography and weather conditions and just consider the pattern. The pattern can play completely differently from one center to another. Is your tournament in the bowling center or the Plaza? That makes a big difference. Just use the pattern as a starting point, but don't feel locked into anything based just on the pattern.
    They can play different from lane to lane and pair to pair too. Usually every center has a pair or two that the locals just know isn't the best pair. My last big tournament it was 3/4 and 13/14. Theres a video out showing how lane topography changes ball motion.

https://youtu.be/g-3f9FEjo9I

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    They can play different from lane to lane and pair to pair too. Usually every center has a pair or two that the locals just know isn't the best pair. My last big tournament it was 3/4 and 13/14. Theres a video out showing how lane topography changes ball motion.
    Very true. I didn't mention it because Chuck and I have discussed this very subject often at Red Rock.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Rob you will like this. At a youth tournament last weekend they were on Wolf. During warm ups Heather tried up board one on each lane once. The second ball on the right lane she balled up slightly and moved in 15 BOARDS! I asked her why after warm ups. "Didn't you see how the ball started to turn and flattened out? It was obvious that the outside boards on that lane aren't true a go away from the pins." Nothing bette than realizing they are listening even though they leave you wondering most days.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Rob you will like this. At a youth tournament last weekend they were on Wolf. During warm ups Heather tried up board one on each lane once. The second ball on the right lane she balled up slightly and moved in 15 BOARDS! I asked her why after warm ups. "Didn't you see how the ball started to turn and flattened out? It was obvious that the outside boards on that lane aren't true a go away from the pins." Nothing bette than realizing they are listening even though they leave you wondering most days.
    Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12