Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JaxBowlingGuy Scores

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Bowled the Jacksonville Summer Classic tournament last night. Game 1 went front 9 to shoot 279 with a ringing ten pin. Then 217 and 185. Finished game 4 with the back 11 to shoot 290 with a stone nine in the first. Shot 971 for 4 on the 44ft pattern to finish 4th. (Couldn't run down the handicap)

#lanemasters
    #jaxbowlingguy

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Bowled in the Jacksonville Summer Classic last night again. This week started identical as last with a 279 game one with a ringing ten pin.

Game two fell to 212 with missing a ten pin in the third frame.

Game three I got back with starting with the first three strikes then following it up with a pocket 7-10. I took the ten off and then went out until the last ball of the tenth to shoot 265.

Game four started with a stone 9, strike, stone 9. Then managed to double up before yet another pocket 7-10. Next shot (right lane) the ball came in strong so I made a mental note of that. Strike on left lane and then back to the right. Having seen the last couple shots coming in stronger and stronger I decided to keep my feet the same and move my target in to stay in more oil. I hit my mark and the ball ended up skidding straight through the breakpoint and right into the three pin leaving the 1-2-4-8-10. I chop 2 out then strike out the tenth for 190.

I believe we have 1 week left in this pattern (44'). Had 971 last week and 946 this week. Shooting for the 1000 next week to get back into a cash position.

279-212-265-190
    946 series

Chats: 204

Thats some quality bowling right there!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Bowled the Summer Classic tonight. Came in with a tournament average of 239.

I came out of the gate a lot slower than the past two weeks with a 212. Left some on the table with a split first ball of the tenth and being unable to convert. This pair has never been a favorite of mine in this house so I'll take the 212 and move on to the other pairs.

Game two started well and was on pace for a high 230 to 240 going into the tenth. Once again, split first ball of tenth and unable to convert to finish with a 226.

Game three came out strong with the first 4 strikes before coming in a little high leaving a four pin. Spared then struck. The split bug hit me again in the 8th and once again unable to convert (4-7-10). Went out on the ninth and tenth to shoot 233.

Finally game 4, came out first a double then guess who... yep another split (2-10). This time I was able to convert. Managed a few strings of strikes after to finish with a 246.

212-226-233-246
    917 set

New tournament average 236

Damn.

Two bad breaks in the 10th and you STILL put up pro numbers!!

Solid.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Damn.

Two bad breaks in the 10th and you STILL put up pro numbers!!

Solid.
    Appreciate it. I was only 106 pins out of making Ny money lol gotta love handicap. The shot changes next week so we shall see if the scores will remain.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Bowled in the Jacksonville Summer Classic tonight. Had a great night on the lanes shooting high scratch for the night and 2nd overall (14 pins).

Game 1 started with the first three strikes then hung one a little far out leaving the 2-8. Spared and threw a double before hanging another one out leaving the 2-10. Took the 2 off and threw the last five strikes to finish the game with 244.

Game 2 started with a strike followed by me yet again getting wide leaving the 1-2-4-10. Took the 2-4-10 out. Struck then left a 7 pin. Spared that up and threw the last 8 strikes to finish with a 248.

Game 3 not much to say. 12 in a row for 300.

Game 4 I started with leaving a 10 pin out of the gate. Spared it up then doubled. In the fourth left another pin and missed the spare. Threw the last 8 strikes to finish with 257.

244-248-300-257
    1049 set

Was 42/48 on strikes

New tournament average of 242 after 16 games.

So, assuming you're going to win this...which you will...what do you win?

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    So, assuming you're going to win this...which you will...what do you win?
    Without having handicap it's going to be very difficult to win... basically it's a weekly trny held in 2 centers (1 in Monday and the other center Tuesday).. the main goal is to get as many points weekly as you can bc they take the top 10 from each center at the end of the summer to bowl an eliminator style tournament for $1000. Anyone with 2 wins that's also in on points gets a first round bye in that tourney.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123