FACTORY FINISH:3000-grit Abralon®
    FLARE POTENTIAL:3” - 5” (Medium-High)
    FRAGRANCE:Candy Apple
    WEIGHTS: 15 lbs.
    Speed: 17mph
    Rev Rate: 480

Lane condition: PBA Chameleon
    Pattern Length: 43'

On this pattern the ball gave me a very smooth line without the worry of over reacting on the back ends. I played this pattern rather straight. I was laying the ball down at 17 with a breakpoint at 11. It read the mid lane well and had a smooth transition to the back ends without being too snappy. Over all it was a great ball for the pattern and matched up well with my game.

Lane Condition: THS- Higher Volume
    Pattern Length: 40'

The Fight also showed similar reactions on this pattern as previous. I was able to open up a little more with this patten with the slightly dryer outsides. I tried a few lines on this pattern and the best line I found on the fresh was playing relatively straight and moving in as the lane transitioned. I started playing 15 to 8 and after 3 games was playing around 20 to 9-10. I was able to keep a similar breakpoint throughout the night by moving in. The ball had no problem cornering and could have played further in if needed.

Overall this ball doesn't give me the biggest of movement on the back end, but what it does give is a very controllable back end reaction. The ball is very controllable on the mid lane and reads well on tougher patterns.

Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 07-07-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Personally, I found the Storm Fight to be one of the most convaluted core/cover combinations ever conceived. With that being said, I took the surface down to 1000 on 6 sides, and then polished it with Powerhouse Factory Finish to a high gloss. With the new surface, it is one of the longest AND strongest balls I've ever thrown.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

The core is defiantly interesting. I had intentions of playing around with the surface on this one, but after throwing it on a couple different patterns I think I'm going to keep this one as is and punch up another going with a 3 3/8 stacked layout to see what else the ball can offer. I will say this far the hitting power has been very strong for me.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    The core is defiantly interesting. I had intentions of playing around with the surface on this one, but after throwing it on a couple different patterns I think I'm going to keep this one as is and punch up another going with a 3 3/8 stacked layout to see what else the ball can offer. I will say this far the hitting power has been very strong for me.

I hear this from most people. Lots want to polish it, but after throwing mine with the OOB condition, I've left it that way.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I hear this from most people. Lots want to polish it, but after throwing mine with the OOB condition, I've left it that way.
    Threw it again last night and I'm for sure going to keep this one at OOB finish. As of now it's just too smooth to be playing around with it and is working great for its intended purpose.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    Threw it again last night and I'm for sure going to keep this one at OOB finish. As of now it's just too smooth to be playing around with it and is working great for its intended purpose.

I just refer to mine now as "the truck". There's no other way to describe how it hits.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

It's interesting to me, given how easy it is to change a ball's surface, how many of you decided that the OOB finish gives you a good reaction, so you're unwilling to try something different. What if a different surface will give you a better (or different) reaction? What have you got to lose?

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    It's interesting to me, given how easy it is to change a ball's surface, how many of you decided that the OOB finish gives you a good reaction, so you're unwilling to try something different. What if a different surface will give you a better (or different) reaction? What have you got to lose?
    Actually what gets me is the people who will wait for them to bring it out in a pearl instead of just changing the surface to a polished finish.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

I have a spinner and play with surface on many different balls. I even take the spinner when I go to longer tournaments to adjust at night as needed. So far this ball has around 10 to 12 games on it with the OOB finish. Over those games I'm averaging around 245-250. Tossed 11 strikes with it tonight with the only miss being on my part with a slight tug in the 7th. I'm never opposed to adjusting surfaces as needed, but to change it "just because" I don't see a need. I actually hit the Alpha with 2000 after only 3 games. Even though the "factory" says its 2000, I felt the surface was slightly higher. After the 2000 adjustment I have noticed a difference in the reaction with picking up slightly earlier on higher volumes.
    Brunswick Bowling Staff

Ultimate Bowling Products Staff

USBC Registered Volunteer and Level l Coach

Bowlifi

Instagram (Follow me)

Personal Facebook Bowling Page (Like it)

YouTube Channel (Subscribe to it)

Tournament Page (Like it)

Pin Crusher

Because the ball did exactly what I wanted it to do for a particular lane condition. If I didn't like the reaction I was getting, I would have changed it. Also, I work half first/half second shift, so finding a pro shop open before 10 a.m., or after 7:30 p.m., is nearly impossible. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to go buy my own spinner, and I don't work in the kind of shop where I can make one anymore, or I would. Besides, isn't that the point of doing your research first? I've bought three balls in the past year. Every one of them has done exactly what I wanted it to do. I spent about a month prior to each purchase looking at videos, and asking guys in the house who had that ball questions. Buying a ball with the intent of changing it seems pointless, but then again, I spent most of my life with only one or two pieces of equipment. I'm not saying I wouldn't change a piece if I had to, I just haven't had to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast