Thread: Need a step down ball

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Need a step down ball

I currently have the Grudge, Thug Life, BWLE and Rocket. I'm looking for a ball that's a step down to the Grudge, but a step up to the Thug Life. I've narrowed it down to the Ultimate Nirvana and the Grudge Hybrid. Any suggestions between the 2?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

I've heard more good comments about the Grudge Hybrid than the Ultimate Nirvana. Nothing first hand though.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    I've heard more good comments about the Grudge Hybrid than the Ultimate Nirvana. Nothing first hand though.

DV8 Grudge Hybrid Ball Review by Lane Side Reviews

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaby987 View Post
    I currently have the Grudge, Thug Life, BWLE and Rocket. I'm looking for a ball that's a step down to the Grudge, but a step up to the Thug Life. I've narrowed it down to the Ultimate Nirvana and the Grudge Hybrid. Any suggestions between the 2?

Thanks!
    Both the Grudge and the Thug Life have low RG, asymmetrical cores, with high Differentials. The difference between them is the cover material and surface: 500/1000 solid vs. polished pearl. The Grudge Hybrid is another of the same with a hybrid cover, and the Ultimate Nirvana is even earlier with another hybrid cover. Your Rocket is a medium RG hybrid, and I'm not familiar with the BWLE. Why not consider something with a low rg Symmetrical core? The original IQ Tour solid comes to mind.

Chats: 32

Maybe the better decision would be to add some surface to the thug life try it at 3k or 4K and serif that positions it more to where you want it