Thread: Pyramid Ball Videos

Chats: 204

Question Pyramid Ball Videos

I'm looking at possibly getting my first Pyramid ball...and I was looking at the Chosen One and Divergent Path.

1) How can I find out if the core used in these balls is identical to other balls? For example, I know 900Global used to toll manufacturer Pyramid balls or at least the cores. So, are these cores in other balls previously released or currently on the market?

2) Why do they always have Tony Ruocco and Dustin Seymour do the videos?? Those guys provide fairly useless information for most bowlers in the stroker to tweener range...that are trying to see how the ball reacts with a standard release. It's almost like they chose those two guys to over-emphasize the balls movement. Did Curlie retire or something? Does Pyramid/Bowlingball.com have any "regular bowlers" on staff
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Hi Aslan,

The Chosen One uses the original Chosen Path core, which was never manufactured by 900Global. It is a unique Pyramid design. It was used in the Chosen Path Solid, Dark Path Hybrid and Chosen Path Pearl. Super versatile and strong core.

The good thing about ball reaction videos that use the same people and same lane condition is that you can compare reactions from ball to ball. Even if you don't bowl exactly like the bowlers in the video, you can see the difference in length, angularity, overall hook, etc. If you compare their video for a ball you already have and then determine the differences in reaction from the new ball, you'll see those same differences in reaction. Both Tony and Dustin are technically tweeners. Curlie is still bowling in the videos and still as cool as ever!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 64

Hi,

The one and only ball that 900 Global did was the Blood Moon.

All of the other Pyramid cores are uniquely designed by their staff.

I have just about every ball that Pyramid has made and am very impressed with the range of ball reactions available. I especially like that they will customize the coverstock at no extra charge when ordering. They every type of combo you can image to cover just about any range of reaction you are looking for. The only thing that they do not have is old straight urethane.

You certainly cannot beat the price and if you have your specs they do a great job of drilling. Even better if you use switch grips.

Also I read on one of their YouTube posts to a video that Curlie was just on vacation and that is why he did not appear in a few videos.

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Both Tony and Dustin are technically tweeners.
    Dustin is a 2-hander. How can he be a tweener?

Well, thanks for the info on the cores and glad to hear Curlie is still around. I think if you're going to use Dustin, you have to have Curlie or some other "stroker" throw a ball. I see what you're saying that it keeps the bowler constant if you use the same ones...but a cranker or 2-hander can make a ball reaction look very angular...then a person gets it and it barely moves at a 250-300 rev rate. I always fast forward to Curlie...more of a stroker than I am...he actually kind've reminds me of Rob's delivery...but at least I can kinda guage the ball reaction better.

Hammer used to have a woman throw as one of the bowlers...and I loved watching her throw...because at risk of being told I "throw like a girl"...her release was very similar to mine...ball speed, everything. But I haven't seen her in their newer videos.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Before people think Aslan lost his mind....he may have BUT before Storm's purchase 900Global manufactured cores for smaller ball companies at a reasonable price. They did not design these but did pour and produce them for their wholesale customers.
    By buying 900Global, Storm managed to constrict the market. Great for business not so much for bowlers.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Dustin is a 2-hander. How can he be a tweener?
    Aslan I do believe Dustin has gone back to just using one hand when throwing the ball
    at least it looks like it too me in the newer videos that him and Tony has made lately.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Aslan I do believe Dustin has gone back to just using one hand when throwing the ball
    at least it looks like it too me in the newer videos that him and Tony has made lately.
    I don't care. Since he once threw 2-handed...he's been banished from my consideration. He's dead to me.

But here's another thing. When I posted my Top 20 Hottest Women of Bowling...it shortly thereafter was locked...and multiple prudes hailed it as the worst thing anyone has ever posted on the internet about anything in the history of ever.

But answer me this then: Why aren't ANY major bowling ball companies using female bowlers in their videos? Like I said, Hammer used to. But now, 90% of the videos by the various manufacturers and review websites use tweeners/2-handers/crankers...and the other 10% are tweener /strokers....but NO women!! Isn't that a tad sexist in this day and age? Just sayin.

P.S. My post wasn't THAT bad...I complimented the ladies on not only their appearance but also their bowling ability...citing their bowling accomplishments...just so we're clear.

Dustin has always been a 1 handed bowler and has never bowled with 2 hands in competition. He only bowled 2 handed for videos.

Good question as to why females aren't used by many companies for reaction videos. We'd love to see more because women's bowling is headed in a great direction and they are very talented.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

Chats: 221

There are still women doing videos for ball companies. Angela Wilt does them for Brunswick, Christine Hardy for Storm, Shannon O'Keefe for DV8 and there are a couple different women featured in 900 Global videos hust to name a few
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Because generally men get more hand into the ball and make it hook/rev a lot more and thus will generate more interest.