Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need cheap shoes...

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default I need cheap shoes...

suggestions? I found these on bb.com. i have old heavy shoes now with a slider on my right foot. I was told that I put some weight on my heel and that;s why I can't slide. I took 2 bad face falls a few months ago and that is always on my mind. with my bad back and x-tra weight falling is not good for me..lol..these are about 35.00

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...hiteblack.html
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 32

Unless your willing to shell out $100+ for shoes with interchangeable soles the only real difference is how it fits on your foot. The interchangeable soles do give an advantage if you bowl in multiple houses with different approaches. Myself if I'm bowling on synthetic approaches I simply can't bowl with the same setup I use on wood approaches generally. They may also give you the ability to switch to a sole that will offer some slide on the heel but if they aren't in the budget they aren't in the budget. In that case buy whatever fells good or looks good to you it honestly won't make much difference as log as they fit comfortably.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    suggestions? I found these on bb.com. i have old heavy shoes now with a slider on my right foot. I was told that I put some weight on my heel and that;s why I can't slide. I took 2 bad face falls a few months ago and that is always on my mind. with my bad back and x-tra weight falling is not good for me..lol..these are about 35.00

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/...hiteblack.html
    Most people I sold Dexter Rickies to didn't have trouble sliding, however a few did.

We solved that problem because it wasn't the heel sticking, or the sliding sole sticking, but the area behind the sliding sole, and in front of the heel that would flex down and grab the approach.

The solution we used was white friction tape intended to be placed into the thumb hole. We applied it to the rubber part of the shoe that was making contact with the approach.

That kept the shoe from grabbing the approach.

Cranker

I just read the reviews, most people said they are nice and comfy but the slide is bad. I guess you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 07-27-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 10

I agree with Aymers, probably not much of a difference at the hat price range. Just need to see what feels best. Try something with Dexter as they are probably the number 1 shoe brand in bowling..there must be a reason.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 4

I not too keen on the ambidextrous souls on those shoes with those
    kind of soles it is way to hard to get your power step going when
    they have the slide rite soles on both shoes.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    I not too keen on the ambidextrous souls on those shoes with those
    kind of soles it is way to hard to get your power step going when
    they have the slide rite soles on both shoes.
    that's what I was thinking. I do take 5 short slow steps but it still worries me.

I think one of the most inexpensive right hand bowling shoes is Dexter's Pro Am II for around $55 or so. I have Dexter's Tank shoes with the interchangeable soles and heels. Wonder if anyone has tried the Pro Am's?? They look decent.

One of the fellows in our senior league ordered Dexter Pro Am II shoes and got to see them this morning. Sat them right next to my Tank shoe on the table and they look almost like a matched pair. Turning them over the Pro Am's don't look too shabby. Nice slide shoe with white microfiber material. The heel is colored black and shiny. Will have to see how they hold up after a few months of use, but they look pretty good...

Dexter's Ricky III is one of the cheapest out there, if not the cheapest.

Mine are over 2 years old and they still fit & feel great.

When I have a problem with sticking around the heel, I clean mine off with alcohol and they work just fine afterwards.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast