Thread: Intresting article about the backswing

Blog Entries
    Chats: 0

Default Intresting article about the backswing

"the force is not with you"

I struggle with this on a daily basis sometimes I don't recognize it untill after a series. I have been doing lots of things incorrectly but I'm working through it. Its amazing how much information is out on the web

I've found that I have to really focus on slowing my feet and that takes care of my arm swing. When my feet go too fast, I end up forcing the ball to catch up. Getting my feet right gets my swing right, too.

Cranker

I really never paid attention to my backswing. I'll take notice of it next time I'm bowling. Good reading
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

SandBagger

At 73 and averaging in the 190's, I have discovered that each time I go to the alleys I have to discover how fast/strong my legs are. After I find that comfort zone I can adjust where I start the ball to find my swing for that session.

One of the best sources of informational bowling videos is on the USBC Youtube site. Additionally, if you pay the additional amount (37.50 /yr) you get all of their premier videos. As a coach I subscribe to it because there's a wealth of information you probably won't get anywhere else. These videos are all done by USBC Gold coaches and former PBA members. Try it I think you'll like it.
    Bob

"There truly is such a thing as a bad night and when these doomed evenings arrive you can't avoid them. But there's a bright side to this, it's that bad nights won't kill you, and sometimes will make you a little smarter."

Cranker

I'm the same as Colinwho, if my feet get fast then I find myself pulling down and my accuracy goes out the window.

Blog Entries

I subscribed there about a week ago. I've gotten better at playing the inside from watching those videos

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Hmmm, interesting that Ron didn't discuss how it's usually late timing at the height of the backswing that usually causes the bowler to pull down on the ball in the downswing in an effort to get back in time and then usually ends up early at the finish.

If you have fast feet, enjoy the ball speed and start your swing earlier. As you age that speed will slowly dissipate so enjoy it while you can.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com