Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General 2016-2017 League/Tournament season scores posting thread!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default General 2016-2017 League/Tournament season scores posting thread!

The 2016-2017 season (August 1 through July 31.) is upon us, So time to start posting new scores.

General score posting thread for those that don't want to start a personal score thread.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-01-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Cranker
    Chats: 0

My league hasn't started yet but in the practice league I'm on I've been shooting mid 500's with 2 opens in each game. My confidence is building. I am still using the Track I bought. I haven't had the means to drill the Phaze yet.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

My scores since August 1:

158-212-254=624 (bipolar)
    222-215-192=629
    202-214-216=632
    241-191-133 (one split after another)=565
    229-213-200=642
    243-187-224=654
    Last edited by dmet225; 09-10-2016 at 08:38 AM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Well I did the small yearly tournament this last Sunday.

It's a 90% of 220 handicap tournament, 4 games moving one pair right after each game.

There were 16 player's in the adult divison and 22 in the senior divison. Scratch only had two people in each divison.

Handicap & Scratch divisons payed down to 4 places, with Scratch only paying one in each.

The conditions seemed to be just a slightly modified THS.

Adult first place was taken by Drew Markwardt (0 Hdcp.), who shot a 300 and for a 4 game scratch series of 1022.

Senior first place was won with a 934 series, I placed 17th with my 838 hdcp series.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

I usually only post my my scores when I shoot on sport patterns, but I feel like doing a little bragging about last night. I was bowling in one of my regular leagues; 2 person teams, recreational/social, 9:00p.m. start on lanes that have had an hour and a half youth clinic and another recreational/social league bowling on them since last being oiled. Not exactly bowling a double burn in a tournament, but given the wide variety of bowlers and equipment preceding us they can get kind of squirrely.

First game was a clean 233. I expected my teammate to strike out in the tenth and top my score, but he went spare, 8 fill for for a 229. almost needless to say, we won by 81 pins. Second game was another clean one in the high 220s. We won again by a comfortable margin. I'm not sure if it was because I was getting tired, or because I started thinking about going 30 clean but the last game was a disappointing 168. I was still clean through the 7th frame. Got up in the 8th and put it right through the nose for a 4-6-10 split. Spared in the 9th and then threw another split in the tenth, this time the 4-7-10. We lost this game by about 25 pins.

So while I feel good about the first two games, I'm kicking myself over the last three frames.

Did I mention it was a position night and a sweep would have put us in first?
    John

Yesterday I got an email asking if I wanted to bowl as a sub this coming Monday & Tuesday for Singles, Doubles & Team for the perfect fee of ZERO!

And YES! I took that offer instantly! lol

The biggest drawback, is, I have to bowl Friday, Saturday, Monday league & US Open, Tuesday US Open and Wednesday night league. What are the odds of my ailing shoulder and elbow falling off!? lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Ringer

I would say they are pretty good something will be ailing!!

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    I would say they are pretty good something will be ailing!!
    I think you're right!

Thank god I have plenty of ibuprofen and narcotics to try and alleviate the pain! lmao
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Ringer

I feal like that after bowling 9 games in a week. Were not as young as we use to be lol.

Ain't that the truth! lol

19 games in a 7 day span is going to be tough, but it will be good prep when I do the PBA50 Regional next month when I have to do 8 in the qualifying round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast