Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comon guests register, it;s well worth it!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default Comon guests register, it;s well worth it!

Currently Active Users
    There are currently 103 users online. 3 members and 100 guests

100 guests..just join it's free and a great site!
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Most are crawler bots

When I registered, it took almost a week to get approved. Browsed as a guest for that entire time.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

What's the approval process like? "Back in the day" it was just sign up and you're good to go.

Cranker

I don't remember an issue registering. I was a mod on a few race car and Camaro sites and always wanted guests to register
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    I don't remember an issue registering. I was a mod on a few race car and Camaro sites and always wanted guests to register
    I know another forum that I owned, I had it set that the accounts had to be manually approved because of a huge run on spam accounts. So I basically locked it down. Not sure if that's how it is here or not.

Yeah accounts are a manual approval process. I had to email the admin asking to approve me after I waited a few days or so and still hadn't been fully activated.

Cranker

well if you can browse it you can wait a week to post if that's what it takes, I have learned tons from here so far and I'm only here a few months....lol

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

The approval process is usually pretty fast, usually a day at most when the admin comes on next. It shouldnt take a week

Those that get delayed are usually the ones that get caught in anti spam system by mistake. Also those who dont reply to the activation email.

As for those 100 guests, virtually all are search engine crawlers, bots, spiders. Also spammer bots checkng the site.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

I was one of those that got caught in the anti spam stuff took me multiple emails to get in. It's been worth it though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast