Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamiso's scores

Chats: 0

Default Chamiso's scores

Summer season ended with me being at a 154 average. Nice improvement on my average. My first 14 pound ball finally came in yesterday got it drilled. Bowled 4 games with it. It feels good not noticing much of a difference in weight between it and my 12 pound ball since I did get fingertip grip as suggested. It didn't take long to get used to the weight still need to bowl with it more to learn it's preferred track on the lane. I only managed to get a few great shots with it where it felt like my approach and release were spot on. So I am close to figuring out where I will be standing with this ball for my first shot.

The scores for the four games I bowled with it yesterday are 125, 113, 151, 143. I should be bowling about 6 more games with it later today.

Alright bowled six more games with the new ball today. Had to spend about the first game and a half just walking up to the line and swinging. Today, I definitely noticed the increased weight. I guess yesterday was the excitement of getting a new ball that made it easy to use. Then after that I was able to go back to a full swing and release. I did all right on the third and fourth games then got tired and my scores dropped again for the 5th and 6th games.

The scores were 89, 133, 141, 147, 113, and 114.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by Chamiso View Post
    Summer season ended with me being at a 154 average. Nice improvement on my average. My first 14 pound ball finally came in yesterday got it drilled. Bowled 4 games with it. It feels good not noticing much of a difference in weight between it and my 12 pound ball since I did get fingertip grip as suggested. It didn't take long to get used to the weight still need to bowl with it more to learn it's preferred track on the lane. I only managed to get a few great shots with it where it felt like my approach and release were spot on. So I am close to figuring out where I will be standing with this ball for my first shot.

The scores for the four games I bowled with it yesterday are 125, 113, 151, 143. I should be bowling about 6 more games with it later today.

You a southpaw, or is the pic backwards?
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Yep. I am left handed.

I bowled 6 more games today. Had a rough go of it. Hand was swollen because of heat and felt like I couldn't get a good release at all today. Power slide worked well for the thumb hole. Didn't want to use for the finger holes as I was afraid I would drop the ball if I did. Felt like my fingers were being scraped on the release. Still struggling with the weight as expexted in the first couple of games but did the full approach and swing the entire time today.

Scores were 113, 87, 113, 109, 135, and 103.

Pin Crusher

You look to be pretty consistent. A ball weight change can take a lot of time to get used to, especially going up!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Had another practice session laat night of 6 games. Hand wasn't swollen this time so all the holes felt right and didn't bother my fingertips. I am starting to get used to the weight of the ball a little sooner now as well it seems.

The scores for the night were 111, 146, 78, 111, 138, and 125.

Had a good night tonight. Was able to handle the ball's weight mostly no problem did have a couple times where I dropped the ball though.

Scores were 151, 105, 156.

Will get to practice on the Cheetah pattern tomorrow after the 4 game sweeper for people to qualify for tournament at end of the month that will also have a pro-am part. So unfortunately the pattern will be burned unless I can get lucky and practice on the break down pair.

Cranker

Keep it up and remember this isn't only a ball weight change, but a grip change as well so with anything these things take time and practice.

Practiced on the Cheetah pattern today. I did alright on it, unfortunately the people that I usually bowl with weren't bowling today and I didn't pace myself, and I was also hungry. Weight still was no problem today right from the first throw so it should be safe to say that I am used to the weight now. So pretty much just need to work on getting a consistent release and learn what my spare shots and adjustments are.

The scores were 130, 105, and 105.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast