Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From Maryland 50+ year old getting back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wherearemyballs View Post
    Yeah I did a little online research on the new Rhino. Didn't know of a better value for $100. I went with Black Pearl. Wife Green mix and daughter Pink mix.

I grew up on AMF wood lanes, and never really had a brand loyalty. I usually went with a black ball from Ebonite, my Gold dot was a dark grey mix. Bowled a 277 with it.

Anyway I regretted not ever owning a Brunswick or Hammer product.
    To be sure, I am not compensated by #TeamBrunswick or Lane Side Reviews, but I promote them both.

However, while there are people who will criticize you because they are made in Mexico, you will see how good they are very soon, and does it ever get better as you upgrade!

If you want to know more about the Brunswick, DV8 & Radical lines, go to YouTube.com and check out the videos from Lane Side Reviews.

They are not just another video of people bowling with music in the video. They actually talk about whatever they are reviewing and make some observations comparing them to other equipment in the #TeamBrunswick line. They are the best!

#TeamLSR
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by ytlas View Post
    IMO Par Bowling is one of the best books I've seen on bowling. I have two copies buried somewhere in a closet. The books are commanding crazy prices on the used book market.
    The book opened my mind up to try other wrist positions and timing. Being 6'4" with a high back swing. I had to learn to tone it down and think about how to attack each shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    To be sure, I am not compensated by #TeamBrunswick or Lane Side Reviews, but I promote them both.

However, while there are people who will criticize you because they are made in Mexico, you will see how good they are very soon, and does it ever get better as you upgrade!

If you want to know more about the Brunswick, DV8 & Radical lines, go to YouTube.com and check out the videos from Lane Side Reviews.

They are not just another video of people bowling with music in the video. They actually talk about whatever they are reviewing and make some observations comparing them to other equipment in the #TeamBrunswick line. They are the best!

#TeamLSR
    That's why I picked the Rhino. Good reviews from different styles. Looking at the Danger Zone for my next step after I get stretched out again.
    Last edited by Wherearemyballs; 08-17-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wherearemyballs View Post
    That's why I picked the Rhino. Good reviews from different styles. Looking at the Danger Zone for my next step after I get stretched out again.
    I love my VDZ for shorter oil patterns OR when I'm on a double burned pattern.

I'm going to get the Fanatic BTU, but unless I hit a good cash in a tournament, it won't be until December..lol

BTW...My style is similar to Wayne Porter. Low speed, low rev.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Cranker
    Chats: 0

after a 25 year layoff I bought a track heat and love it. I won a Storm phaze here but have yet to have it drilled, and YES things have changed...lol
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    after a 25 year layoff I bought a track heat and love it. I won a Storm phaze here but have yet to have it drilled, and YES things have changed...lol
    Back in the early 90's some of the 1st synthetic lanes were installed just outside of Baltimore at Country Club lanes which had an awesome pro shop and the best pork ribs ever. ESPN had the ladies pro tour there several times before it faded out. Still cheering for Liz Johnson now that its back.

So I have tried bowling on formica with my old urethane balls, and used the Firestorm reactive cover on wood. Looking forward to actually matching my needs this time. From what I understand my old huge hooking balls would not have moved much in todays oil patterns. And the Rhino's grip better than my older balls ever did. And they are for todays lighter oil patterns. Which should be fine where I'm going. I had my pin placed just outside of the ring finger to the right for my higher 3/4 roller. Now its up to me to get the timing right and let the ball work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12