Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Maryland 50+ year old getting back into it.

Default From Maryland 50+ year old getting back into it.

Spent a lot of time bowling as a kid , teenager, Couples league, Monthly Church league Bowling Birthday parties and so on. Took a good 10 years off.

Now the Fire Dept. is getting a League going ...I'm in! But Wait....Someone cleaned house!!!! And my Firestorm, Gold Dot and Thunderbolt are gone???? Along with my Wives 2 balls and kids White dots!!!

This league just got expensive before it started, seeing as my wife and daughter are teammates.

A quick trip to the local lanes pro shop. $60 to drill a ball from the internet? Or free if you buy it there.

We opted for the new Brunswick Rhino's to start with for now.

Had mine drilled for my 3/4 roller just off the thumb. Intend to break 600 before the end off the year.

Handicap league or not, I'm going for high average!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Hi WAMB! Welcome to the boards.

The new Rhino's are good balls not a bad place to start. Good luck on the 600 by the end year, it's do able! Keep it clean and it will add up.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Welcome to the boards the new rhinos are great balls good luck and have fun

Chats: 4

Welcome to the boards most of all just have fun and stay
    relaxed and that 600 will come soon enough.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 221

Welcome to the boards
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Thanks everyone! I just found out they ripped up the wood lanes , so I guess there is no need to find the white boards anymore. Couldn't even find my Earl Anthony VHS tapes. At least I have a copy of Par Bowling on the bookshelf. LOL.

Plan to keep it simple and work of the 10 board until I find out how much I have changed since my last league.

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Welcome to the boards and good luck on the 600.

Quote Originally Posted by Wherearemyballs View Post
    Thanks everyone! I just found out they ripped up the wood lanes , so I guess there is no need to find the white boards anymore. Couldn't even find my Earl Anthony VHS tapes. At least I have a copy of Par Bowling on the bookshelf. LOL.

Plan to keep it simple and work of the 10 board until I find out how much I have changed since my last league.
    IMO Par Bowling is one of the best books I've seen on bowling. I have two copies buried somewhere in a closet. The books are commanding crazy prices on the used book market.

Quote Originally Posted by Wherearemyballs View Post
    Spent a lot of time bowling as a kid , teenager, Couples league, Monthly Church league Bowling Birthday parties and so on. Took a good 10 years off.

Now the Fire Dept. is getting a League going ...I'm in! But Wait....Someone cleaned house!!!! And my Firestorm, Gold Dot and Thunderbolt are gone???? Along with my Wives 2 balls and kids White dots!!!

This league just got expensive before it started, seeing as my wife and daughter are teammates.

A quick trip to the local lanes pro shop. $60 to drill a ball from the internet? Or free if you buy it there.

We opted for the new Brunswick Rhino's to start with for now.

Had mine drilled for my 3/4 roller just off the thumb. Intend to break 600 before the end off the year.

Handicap league or not, I'm going for high average!
    Welcome back!

I was away for over 25 years and the changes were dramatic.

The Rhino line is an excellent choice for starting up, and hopefully you will stay with the #TeamBrunswick line. They have come out with some fantastic equipment this year, and they're all game changers.

Best of luck!
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    Welcome back!

I was away for over 25 years and the changes were dramatic.

The Rhino line is an excellent choice for starting up, and hopefully you will stay with the #TeamBrunswick line. They have come out with some fantastic equipment this year, and they're all game changers.

Best of luck!
    Yeah I did a little online research on the new Rhino. Didn't know of a better value for $100. I went with Black Pearl. Wife Green mix and daughter Pink mix.

I grew up on AMF wood lanes, and never really had a brand loyalty. I usually went with a black ball from Ebonite, my Gold dot was a dark grey mix. Bowled a 277 with it.

Anyway I regretted not ever owning a Brunswick or Hammer product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast