Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why don't women do 2 handed?

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    Sounds like you need a whole body replacement lol I feel your pain though. My knee and finger primarily. Got a cortisone injection in the finger today and go back next week for the knee.
    For real! lol

The left knee has to be replaced, the right shoulder needs surgery again and I need surgery on my back for the herniated disk. And thanks to a case of kidney stones back in March, everything gets set back another year.

In the mean time, I'll get another shot of Celestone in the knee.

Good luck with your injection and the knee. And I certainly can feel your pain as well! lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    Welcome back to bowling after your long absence. 2 handed gets more power but less control. when you miss a 7 pin, we carry it.
    but when you hit the pocket you get 9 or 10 whereas we could get 7 or 6.
    Thank you.

And I think this is why the pros don't switch to 2 handed. The issue of accuracy is a major point in this.

Yea, Belmo, Jesper Svenson, Osku Palermo & Kyle Troup have done well, but only Belmo has it at a level none of the others have figured out yet. The others have more miss than hits on their success, which makes me wonder how good they will really be down the road.

I also have a feeling that they are going to have some major injuries down the road as well. While I never wish that on anybody, my gut says it's going to happen, and then you have to wonder what is going to happen to their careers.

My injuries are manageable right now with what I'm wearing, and some ibuprofen every time I go out there.

My style of bowling makes it easier on me as well. I take a walking 5 step approach, and have a very short arm swing than is similar to Marshall Holman and WRW, Jr.

Up until the end of July, I was using #12 equipment and I had a reputation in this town for having hard hits and many strikes which is not supposed to be normal for somebody using #12 equipment. I'm now using a #14 Ultimate Nirvana with my #12's for when conditions dictate that my Ultimate is too strong.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 0

I've never seen a 2 handed woman bowler.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    I've never seen a 2 handed woman bowler.
    Me neither. Not saying they're not out there but seems to be like the unicorn.

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

neither have I, I wonder how the females I am going to coach soon take to my lessons?

Chats: 55

When I bowled in the Vegas senior fun tournament last July, there was a 2-handed female bowler. She had only been bowling about 3 years, and yes, she struggled with accuracy. She said it was hard on her body at a senior age, but that is how her young coach taught her so she was unsure of how to change.

I do think men have it easier to bowl 2-handed as I believe it is more physically challenging.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    When I bowled in the Vegas senior fun tournament last July, there was a 2-handed female bowler. She had only been bowling about 3 years, and yes, she struggled with accuracy. She said it was hard on her body at a senior age, but that is how her young coach taught her so she was unsure of how to change.

I do think men have it easier to bowl 2-handed as I believe it is more physically challenging.
    While it may appear easier for men, I don't see it as being a joy for either.

And there are far too many moving parts for accuracy as well.

If one wants to challenge themselves in bowling, I would much rather play on an extremely tough sport pattern than go 2 handed.

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

I'm surprised more women do not bowl 2 handed as not all two handed bowlers bend there back alot

Chats: 0

If you watch some of the youngsters (and I mean young - 6-10) I think you will see more female's trying a two handed style. Will they stick with it? Depends on their success I guess. I had someone offer to teach me but I declined. I was dealing with a hand injury that forced me to switch hands in bowling. That was enough of a task.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

To bowl two-handed correctly for the speed and accuracy the spine is suppose to be parallel to the floor. Two-handed also requires more upper body strength especially in the arms, shoulders and upper back. This is why the majority who don't bowl two handed with the body in the correct biomechanical position lack the proper ball speed for the rev rate and axis rotation.

Belmo said a few years back that he would love to find an athletic female under age ten to teach to bowl two handed as he believes she would dominate the sport.

I do know two male college two handers. One was on the Urbana University national championship team a few years back. He was able to lower his speed and rev rate, stay super smooth to play outside with is teammates when needed without having to resort to urethane which would really screw up the line.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast