Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bowl1820 2016-2017 Scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default week 6

Week 6 still on the slide, a bit more head oil. My ball speed increased some and was getting down the lane more with the Paranoia, but the ball is a bit jumpy still.

I switched to my Bad A$$ toward the end of the 2nd game, the fit feels really weird now that I've got more use to the new fit. But I had more control and a little less off the ball so got the score up some on the last game.

I have my DV8 Dude in the shop right now getting the grip updated, so I should have it to switch too till I get the Paranoia figured out.

The interesting thing is my teammate has a Paranoia and seeing just how much stronger mine reacts compared to his. They are layed out almost identical, but I believe I have more rotation and I'm not sure about the tilt I never thought to notice just how they compared in that aspect. I'm more long and strong than he is I think.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Maybe you should have a teamate video you so see if there is anything you are doing wrong.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 7

Well the ball I dropped off to have the thumb moved wasn't ready. He had got it plugged, but when he went to drill it the bit slipped or something which threw off the span some. So he had to replug it.

165-268-163-596

Well one good game for the night and only 4 opens. Plus we took all 7 points and I got all my bracket money back except for a $1 and I set high handicap game with a 328. A slow start on the first game, but I can't complain.

Last edited by bowl1820; 10-05-2016 at 12:32 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 8

Well week 8 nothing special, I got my Dude back and the shorter span felt a lot better. I used it for the first 2 games and half the 3rd.

I figured considering how the Paranoia rolled and how I knew the Dude rolled before. I should be able to start with the Dude and then switch to the Paranoia later when I had to move left.

The first half of the 1st game had to get use to the Dude with the adjusted grip. While even though I wasn't hitting good, I feel it was the right choice though.

My teammate was rolling his Paranoia and it was too jumpy coming out off the fresh oil and he was struggling with it. But as the night rolled on it started to even out and his scores went up.

Got the feel of the Dude again the other half of the 1st game and started striking. Third game I waited too long to make the change to Paranoia, But it looked okay when I did. so I think I had the right idea.

We'll see next week.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 9

Well get caught up here.

First game wasn't nothing, the second game the past couple of weeks have been better.
    Last game fell all apart.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 10

Okay, tonight was interesting.

We had lost our 4th bowler, actually he hasn't been here from the start . He had his foot worked on and the Dr. kept telling him to wait week after week and then he told him not to bowl. but we got a new bowler tonight he's just coming back after 20yrs so had to establish average.

(Which seems to be a trend lately, most of the new users on the forum say the same thing I'm back after 20yrs.)

The real interesting thing is the oil machine broke down, it did the first 6 or 8 lanes and something happened (I didn't hear what) and they couldn't oil the rest of the lanes. So we had to bowl on whatever was out there.

With the machine breaking down, That makes me think even more I was right that something has been off with how they have been oiling.

Surprisingly our lanes were fairly consistent at least for me. I used the Dude all night and it was pretty predictable, I wasn't striking a lot but I keep it clean (got knocked out of the brackets by 1 pin).

My teammate that has the Paranoia too,was really struggling with it. He needed to switch balls, but he didn't. He usually does switch, but for some reason he just stuck with it.

Watching the guys beside us, the high rollers would only shoot one high game and the rest would drop off. Like the 221 ave. he shoots 244 game one, 3rd game he's down to 168. Most of the other 200+aves. had only one 200+ game with the rest in the 160s 170s.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 11

Well the slump continues.

We were on the end pair this time and the thing to see this time was all the greek churches (the 4-6-7-9-10) that got left.

We figured it up, between the two teams we left 15 greek churches, four of them mine. There was also some 4-6-7-9's where the 10 pin just fall off. The lanes beside us had a few also I noticed, But I don't know how many.

My teammate was the only one that shot good (673) and even he left the G.C. and the 4-6-7-9. He was striking a lot, but the sparing splits wasn't happening.

It's seems like we're in tweener hell at the moment, those of us with similar styles are struggling. The speed and rev guys are doing okay though.

It's about time for them to change the shot like they usually do around thanksgiving. So maybe that will get something going.

We never heard what happened to the lane machine, other than they scrambled around to get a part to get it going the next day. I still think something isn't right with it.

You can roll a ball down the lane and it only comes back with a few little strips of oil here and there on it. Like the oils patchy on the lane.

But whatever the team has surprisingly started winning more, we got a new guy and the other teams have just happened to be struggling worse than us for a change.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 12

Week 12
    get caught up here.

Another cringe worthy week but at least the first game started off better this time.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 13

Week 13

Well a slightly better night, finally hit 600 this season.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Week 13

Well a slightly better night, finally hit 600 this season.

Congrats Bowl hopefully this is a breakthrough for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast