Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bowl1820 2016-2017 Scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Congrats Bowl hopefully this is a breakthrough for you.
    Well here's hoping.

I tried to just get back to the basics this time, Since I tend to pull the ball a lot I just concentrated on projecting the ball out better. (Plus keeping my speed up).

I worked on keeping my balance arm out in front more, this helped me keep my shoulders open and I was feeding the ball out better.

We'll see next week.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 14

Well get caught up here.

Week 14

Well this was a real C***fest.

We were on lanes 1&2 and this is where they started oiling and I didn't see him burn them first.

Nothing really got going for me, The main problem I saw was I had trouble holding the ball. My thumb hole felt as big as a shot glass, even with tape in it.

I'm going to see about going to a smaller thumb insert and see if that helps.

The keeping my balance arm in front more helped with keeping my shoulders open, so I was projecting the ball out better at least.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 15

Week 15

Well a better night!

I went in and got my thumb insert changed in the Paranoia to a smaller size insert. First thing we found the one already in was the wrong size (he had grabbed the wrong one a 63/64th instead of a 31/32nd) the 31/32nd was still too big.

He also said that was a contour insert and he said there was something funny about them. (He uses them too) So he changed brands, I don't remember if he said he changed to Vise or Turbo ones.

The one he put in was a 29/32 (I checked it with my calipers to make sure.) It felt way snugger, but I could still slip one piece of tape in so I could feel some texture.

Started off by leaving the 4-10 split, I moved left went straight down the left side and picked it right up.

The ball felt way better. I wasn't dropping it early and I was projecting it out better.

We had a little bit more head oil tonight IMO, I actually saw a few wet oil lines on my ball for a change.

The one open in the 2nd game was because I forgot to change to my spare ball.

Won in the brackets and the team took all 7 points.

Nothing to complain about really, Using the balance arm better has helped and tighter thumbhole seems to have helped also.

See how it goes next week, plus got a tournament this Sunday.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 16

Well nothing spectacular, but I don't feel bad about the night.
    215-167-183= 565

Was rolling a better ball, maybe not striking a lot but was sparing good only had five opens.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 17

Nothing much this week, but I did win some brackets with this garbage so can't complain.

Next week is position round for the end of the half, if we're lucky and the points go all the right way. We could just make it into the top half.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 18

End of the first half: Position Round: Week 18

190-177-235 for a 602 series.

Well not a bad night which was good since it was position round, We were down one player because of the holiday season. But the three of us bowled over average and we took all three games, Which should put us in 16th place. So we at least made it into the top half for the end of the half.

Won a bracket so was ahead $$ for the night (Had to beat my teammate who shot 670 for it though).

Interesting thing is the team we bowled tonight, we have to bowl again next week! For the start of the second half and we might be down one player again next week also!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

End of the half overall stat's

Strikes 33.7% (197/584)
    Spares is 41.1% (222/540)
    Opens is 25.0% (135/540)
    Splits is 8.1% (44/540)
    Split convert 13.6 (6/44)

The Incidence rate of 10 pin leaves was 48.6%, with the cover rate being 70.1%

Which I believe is a improvement over last season.(No records kept for previous season) The cover rate for the other back row pins (7-8-9) is 100%

This IMO is do to the updating of my grip and replacing my spare ball with a new 1pd lighter one.

My Entering average for the league was my last season ending average of 177, Actual first night starting average was 163.

My progress was slow (This is in part do to changes in my grip and release) , but at the end of the half, I've raised my average up by 11 pins to a 174 at this point.

My end of season goal is a 185 average which would get me just above my 2014-15 season ending average. To meet this goal will require averaging 195 (10556 total pins) for the 2nd half.

While it maybe ambitious, it is possible. I've been averaging about 194 for the past several weeks, So I just have to maintain that pace.

It's a long haul to get my average back up to the 190's where it was just a few seasons ago.

Stat's gathered using the IOS App "Best Bowling Free"
    Last edited by bowl1820; 12-22-2016 at 01:14 AM.

I have a feeling you can meet your 185 cumulative avg goal. Great finish.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 19

Well nothing great, but over average and I got some bracket money.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Week 20

Well not great, but not bad. We won all the points, I Broke even in the brackets.

We were on lanes 1-2 so it was going to be a coin toss on how they'd be, but they were not bad. As a team we bowled over average.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast