Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bowl1820 2016-2017 Scores

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Week 29

Well it was a bit better tonight, the lanes was kind of dry. But I had polished my Curse a bit more, plus I stopped wearing my adjustable brace and tried keeping my form a little better.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Good bowling Bowl1820!!

Good to hear the polish helped hold the line.

Have you tried any surface adjustments on the Curse?
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bubba809 View Post
    Good bowling Bowl1820!!

Good to hear the polish helped hold the line.

Have you tried any surface adjustments on the Curse?
    Yes, I've tried a few a little duller no polish and with a bit more polish.

The O.O.B. is 2000 Grit Abralon with Factory Finish Polish.

I've tried surfaces (Using Abralon, Paper and gray scotchbrite) like P800/1500, P800/1500/Royal shine, P2000/4000 etc.

Last night I used 1000 US grit wet/dry Paper (which is close to 2000 Abralon) with Brunswick Royal compound, You could see a bit more texture than the OOB. But the B.R.C. polish gave it better length than the OOB and maybe a little more even reaction.

Even though I've been rolling bad, the Curse is real consistent. The ball motion is nice and was the same really no matter what surface was used.

If you throw it outside it's coming back, Tugging it is a little twitchy. If there's oil in the middle it will hold, but if it hits some dry it's going for the 7 though polishing it helped.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 30

well slid back again

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default week 31

well nothing great again. though pulled that last game up, switched to the paranoia, moved left and played inside.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Well slightly better tonight, we had just bit more oil or at least the lanes seemed a bit slicker.

I got some advice tonight about half way through the first game from one of the few people I'd take advice from. He had been watching me and knew I'd been struggling, he said my swing was basically okay but timing was way off and I needed to get the ball started earlier and get my speed up.

So I started trying to get the ball in motion quicker, plus I sped up my feet (Tried to get the feeling of running to the line). It was helping my speed went up about 2 mph!

I should have switched balls the last game I believe, But I was concentrating getting the ball started and speed and was staying pretty consistent with it. But I didn't want to upset the apple cart, so just stayed with it.

It worked out okay though, I had got in 3 brackets tonight for the first time in awhile and came in first in one bracket and 2nd in two others.

week 33
    https://s5.postimg.org/q7pez7mrr/week_33.jpg
    week 34
    https://s5.postimg.org/uv02epzif/week_34.jpg
    week 35
    https://s5.postimg.org/4w0sreps7/week_35.jpg
    week 36
    https://s5.postimg.org/d2ssizfuv/week_36.jpg
    Last edited by bowl1820; 05-05-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345