Thread: New from DFW

Default New from DFW

I've been a lurker here for quite some time, and finally registered.

After a layoff for nearly 20 years while I followed my kids' activities, I returned to bowling in 2013. Wow, did the technology ever change! I needed a calculus degree to understand bowling equipment beyond the blue Hammer that I threw when I first stopped. It didn't take me long to figure out the equipment, because within the first six months, I bowled my 2nd 300 with a Storm Byte. Six months later, I left a 6-10 on the 12the ball for a 298 with the Byte. Fast forward to this summer, my 2nd week back after a 5 week layoff and I bowl my third 300 with a Storm Crux.

My first 300? January 1993 with my trusty blue Hammer. That's more than 21 years between 300 games. In my high school and college days, I worked at bowling alleys and had bowled several leagues. My claim to fame is that I once beat both Del Ballard, Jr. and Norm Duke in a tournament in the early 80's.

Oh, I also bowled in the pro am for the U.S. Open last year, and got to bowl with Stu Williams, Rhino Page, E.J. Tackett and Walter Ray Williams, Jr.

Good to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by dmet225 View Post
    I've been a lurker here for quite some time, and finally registered.

After a layoff for nearly 20 years while I followed my kids' activities, I returned to bowling in 2013. Wow, did the technology ever change! I needed a calculus degree to understand bowling equipment beyond the blue Hammer that I threw when I first stopped. It didn't take me long to figure out the equipment, because within the first six months, I bowled my 2nd 300 with a Storm Byte. Six months later, I left a 6-10 on the 12the ball for a 298 with the Byte. Fast forward to this summer, my 2nd week back after a 5 week layoff and I bowl my third 300 with a Storm Crux.

My first 300? January 1993 with my trusty blue Hammer. That's more than 21 years between 300 games. In my high school and college days, I worked at bowling alleys and had bowled several leagues. My claim to fame is that I once beat both Del Ballard, Jr. and Norm Duke in a tournament in the early 80's.

Oh, I also bowled in the pro am for the U.S. Open last year, and got to bowl with Stu Williams, Rhino Page, E.J. Tackett and Walter Ray Williams, Jr.

Good to be here.
    Calculus degree?? Entry level at best! LOL

Need a doctorate in Nuclear Physics for what's going on these days! lmao

Welcome back & best of luck!
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see you return to the sport.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Glad to have you! We're glad to hear you're back to bowling and doing really well. We know that your input will be a great addition to our community!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Do my eyes decieve me? I can't remember the last time admin posted and it wasn't a contest of to scold someone. Could it be that finally, after all these years there will be a consistent presence here again? I can only hope but do realize that a business can't always expense an employee to monitor a forum.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com