Thread: Issue with Ring Finger

Chats: 0

Default Issue with Ring Finger

Yesterday while bowling I noticed that my ring finger had started to bother me. It is still a little sore today. I am thinking that it must be the finger that bears most of the weight when releasing the ball. I had started to rotate my hand a little less and it seemed to help for the last few frames, atleast when I did it right.

I was wondering if there is anything else that could be done to help it or ideas on what Iay be doing wrong. Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions and advice.

Do you use grips? If so, do you use the oval end or the "lift" end?

I've gone from lifts to ovals on my finger grips and it allows me to get out of the ball more cleanly. Last year I played with Vise NT50 yellow tape and Turbo's black Patch Tape cut to go around my finger tips which helps even more. The NT50 stuff can stretch a bit if you want whereas the Patch Tape does not stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Do you use grips? If so, do you use the oval end or the "lift" end?
    I am assuming the lift end. the bottom part is flat instead of the whole grip being round/oval shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamiso View Post
    I am assuming the lift end. the bottom part is flat instead of the whole grip being round/oval shaped.
    Have your PSO change to the oval end, and I'm pretty sure your pain will go away. Oh, and by the way, it will also improve your bowling.

Cranker

I have the same issue, strain on my ring finger.
    I was just talking to my PS worker about that yesterday when I had my Phaze drilled.I asked if the ring finger hole should be lower that the middle finger and he said something about....Well the ring finger is shorter but actually longer in the ball.....WHAT!
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    I have the same issue, strain on my ring finger.
    I was just talking to my PS worker about that yesterday when I had my Phaze drilled.I asked if the ring finger hole should be lower that the middle finger and he said something about....Well the ring finger is shorter but actually longer in the ball.....WHAT!
    If you measure the length of the ring finger, it (for most people) is shorter, however if you measure the distance from the thumb, the ring finger distance is longer.