Thread: Storm Core and Cover strength chart

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Storm Core and Cover strength chart

This chart was posted by "REmarcaBOWL" that shows the strength of the Storm Cores and Covers in relation to each other.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

Thanks for sharing. Even though it may not be technical, I like being able to glance at this and compare some of the Storm products I have.

I will say also that I like the update that Storm has done to their website. At first glance it may not seem as intuitive, but they have done a nice job laying out pages for each ball and providing the tech specs as well as what they view the intended purpose of the ball is.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

It's too bad that manufacturers refuse to give us the specifics on their cover materials in terms of oil absorption, COF in oil, and COF in dry. Just for fun, I looked at two of the balls that I have tried recently. The Storm Fight is rated 17/23 in terms of the core (fairly weak) and 7/17 in terms of the cover (fairly strong). The Roto Grip Wreck-it is rated 13/16 for core (fairly weak), and 18/25 for cover (also fairly weak). In terms of the actual reaction of the balls, once I polished it, the Fight immediately found a place in my arsenal. The Wreck-it just rolled early, regardless of what I did to the cover. It lasted about 3 games before I gave it away.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    It's too bad that manufacturers refuse to give us the specifics on their cover materials in terms of oil absorption, COF in oil, and COF in dry. Just for fun, I looked at two of the balls that I have tried recently. The Storm Fight is rated 17/23 in terms of the core (fairly weak) and 7/17 in terms of the cover (fairly strong). The Roto Grip Wreck-it is rated 13/16 for core (fairly weak), and 18/25 for cover (also fairly weak). In terms of the actual reaction of the balls, once I polished it, the Fight immediately found a place in my arsenal. The Wreck-it just rolled early, regardless of what I did to the cover. It lasted about 3 games before I gave it away.
    From what I've seen posted the Wreck-it is Crazy Strong not sure how that qualifies as an HP 2 ball I've heard multiple people say that it within a board or two of their No Rules. Would have thought that the higher rg core would have kept this from being an early rolling piece but apparently not. Another ball added to the pile of stuff that you have to be able to throw at 18 mph to use.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone