Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's more important ball or board of pocket entry?

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

Default What's more important ball or board of pocket entry?

I think board entry is more important as there seems to be no magic ball out there that everybody has only one of

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    I think board entry is more important as there seems to be no magic ball out there that everybody has only one of
    You're absolutely right that there is no "magic ball" that will automatically strike. However different balls match up with different lane conditions and styles of delivery, so for each particular bowler there is an optimal ball choice for a given lane condition, that will make it easier to repeatedly put the ball in the pocket.

Equally as important as what board the ball is on when it first contacts the pins are the angle at which the ball hits and the phase of motion the ball is in.
    John

Pocket entry for sure. The 1-5-9 target is effective. Leave a nine , adjust your stance on the approach 1/2 a board left. keeping the same target on the lane.
    Learn the lines, but keep it fun. Bowling is mostly a mental sport, so aim.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

1/2 a board. Do you adjust 1/2 board often? Then do you swing that 15-16 lb. ball and walk to the foul line not losing that 1/2 inch while doing so? That is impressive!

Bowler

While that question sums up the real pro from from may average bowlers.
    But lets take it a step further. There is a machine that hs been used to throw bowling balls repeatedly with pin and directional controls.They gave it some name which currently eludes me. But the question is exactly how accurate do you think that machine is from shot to shot ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmore View Post
    while that question sums up the real pro from from may average bowlers.
    But lets take it a step further. There is a machine that hs been used to throw bowling balls repeatedly with pin and directional controls.they gave it some name which currently eludes me. But the question is exactly how accurate do you think that machine is from shot to shot ?
    earl

Quote Originally Posted by jimgilmore View Post
    While that question sums up the real pro from from may average bowlers.
    But lets take it a step further. There is a machine that hs been used to throw bowling balls repeatedly with pin and directional controls.They gave it some name which currently eludes me. But the question is exactly how accurate do you think that machine is from shot to shot ?
    Don't know the mechanical design of the machine, but it derives it's positioning from the use of brushless servomotors. My guess is that the positioning accuracy is down to one ten thousandths of an inch for the linear motions involved. The accuracy of the rotational motion is extremely good as well.

Bowler

In my response it was supposed to say to throw bowling balls repeatedly with Spin and direction.

Pin Crusher

One ten thousandth of an inch? You wouldn't be exaggerating would you?

If it's the same machine I'm thinking of, Chris Barnes beat it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast