Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which PBA pros still active today has the worst/best technical form

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    As a coach, I would never show a video of any bowler and tell anyone that "this is how it's done," for the simple reason that there is no correct way to bowl. The idea is to knock down as many pins as possible, period. I will use video of particular bowlers to help individual student to visualize certain aspects of their games. Last weekend, for instance, I was talking to a junior bowler who has an extremely high backswing, a lot of ball speed, a high rev rate, but throws the ball dead straight. I talked to him about expanding the flat spot at the bottom of his swing to allow more time between the thumb and fingers exiting the ball. I suggested that he watch videos of Pete Weber as an example of a bowler with a high backswing who has the time to turn through the ball. If I was coaching a bowler who stays too upright, I might suggest that he watch Jason Belmonte to show the extreme angle of the spine of successful two-handed bowlers. Every bowler is unique and should be encouraged to do what they do as consistently as possible.
    This says it right on the spot.

Every bowler does their own thing, and the pros do it best. They have ball reps & coaches available to them all of the time, and the coaches can see better than anybody what might be wrong at any particular time because they see them all of the time.

Everybody will develop their own thing over time, but unless you have your timing down and the right equipment in your hands, no form will every be perfect.

I also think, that, when people here say this pro or that pro has bad technical form, you might want to look at how many overall titles they have to their name.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by djp1080 View Post
    Worst: DJ Archer, Ronnie Russell, Dave Wodka
    Best: Pete Weber, John Szczerbinski, Wes Malott, Liz Johnson
    I'm not qusstioning your opinion just curious what you dislike about the swings of Ronnie Russell and Dave Wodka? Two completely differing styles so that's obviously not it.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Best: Parker Bohn III, Norm Duke and Tommy Jones for the men. Danielle McEwan and Shannon O'Keefe for the women

Worst: WRWJr (even he says he won't teach that style), Shawn Maldonado, Patrick Allen for the men. Michelle Feldman for the women. Her swing plane is about three feet wide most weekends.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12