Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you warm up?

Default How do you warm up?

I've gotten a few practice games in over the last week and one thing I've noticed is that it is taking me almost an entire game to warm up. For example, last night I went 126-197-230. I just seems like it takes about 8 or 9 frames to really loosen up and get my arm swing and legs loose and comfortable. When league starts I will get some warm up time, but we only get 8 minutes and with 10 bowler that doesn't amount to a whole lot of shots. I need to figure out some sort of stretching or warm up routine I can do before I start throwing the ball down the lane. Does anyone have anything that works really well?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

I just do some stretching but I know Norm Duke will run in place and do jumping jacks.

If it's a serious league i'll find an unused lane and go through my approach without a ball. I am basically just building the confidence in my slide so that i'm not afraid of sticking, then maybe some quick squats to get the legs pumped. I'm not a big fan of stretching, I prefer to just get my body moving and blood/heart-rate up a little.

If it's a casual league i usually start with a couple of cold Bud Lights (gotta watch my figure) which seems to build my confidence as well.
    Last edited by LowDown; 08-25-2016 at 12:54 PM.

I stretch and rotate my arm about 5 min before our 10 min of practice.

During the first few throws, I'm more interested in loosening my arm. After that I work on where my target(s) will be.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 22

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    I stretch and rotate my arm about 5 min before our 10 min of practice.

During the first few throws, I'm more interested in loosening my arm. After that I work on where my target(s) will be.
    Same. During my first few shots of practice one of my teammates will sometimes tell me I need to move to the left or whatever, I say look dude I'm just loosening up and trying not to fall down lol
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

I use Eileen's bowling buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    I use Eileen's bowling buddy
    I've been thinking about getting the swing trainer for a long time. I'm just hesitant to spend $70+ for it. That's halfway to a new ball.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by collinwho View Post
    I've been thinking about getting the swing trainer for a long time. I'm just hesitant to spend $70+ for it. That's halfway to a new ball.
    I would think you could use one of those bowling see saw things and simulate the trainer. Maybe put like an 8 lb ball in one.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    I would think you could use one of those bowling see saw things and simulate the trainer. Maybe put like an 8 lb ball in one.
    I was worried that a 15lb ball might eventually pull the seams apart on mine. Didn't even think about just grabbing a light house ball off the rack and using that. That sounds like an excellent plan.

I get there early, like 45 minutes early. I pick out what rocks I want to start with (I bring 6 ) and put my shoes on. I'll do several no-ball approaches then I stretch everything I can. Arms, legs, back.....without doing this I wake up on Friday for work and feel like I was in a car accident.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast