Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My confidence is shot

Default My confidence is shot

I started bowling again after several years off. I bowled Summer league with up and down days. I worked hard on my game the rest of the summer and felt like a had a game plan that I can work with. Yesterday the bottom fell out. I shot 129 101 and 150. Only 2 spares in 2 games. Once it started going bad I couldn't stop the bleeding. I even had 2 balls in the gutter. I sit here today wondering what happened. I know we all have good and bad days but in the past I could always figure something out to finish the day. Let me know what you do to stop the bleeding, thanks much.

Find a Certified Coach in your area. YOU CAN'T DO IT ALONE!

Chats: 1

When you get up to bowl it's good to just take a breath. I do this by wiping my ball then I pick my mark and let her fly. After the ball is out of my hand I watch what it does and I make adjustments. If it gets bad and you dwell on it that only makes it worse.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Did you try moving 1/2 of a board? Sorry I don't know what came over me. Before spending money on a coach tell a little about your self. If you are really old just let it go. Some times even a coach can't fix it.

A coach found and fixed many of the flaws that I had in my game, and when I combine that with the right equipment for the conditions of the lanes, my scores have been getting better.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Did you try moving 1/2 of a board? Sorry I don't know what came over me. Before spending money on a coach tell a little about your self. If you are really old just let it go. Some times even a coach can't fix it.
    I'm 66 and hadn't bowled since the days of wooden lanes and udots. Fused ankle with a plate in one knee and a replacement in the other. Other than that I'm fine, lol.I use a DV8 Hooligan and a white dot. At one point I put the wd away and shot spares with the Hooligan, which helped the last game. Thanks for the help.

Pin Crusher

you decide good luck? No one can fix problems without seeing them. You would be surprised that the lanes are always not the same. Just be patient.

Chats: 22

For me when the bottom falls out it's 90% mental. I wish I had advice on how to deal with it when league night begins to crash and burn, I guess I would say just have fun. I've had nights where I'm so bad it just starts to be funny. Makes me relax a little and at least hit a 150 like you did on your last game.
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Blog Entries

I would recommend foul line drills. Break down your throw it helped me realize the positioned I needed to be in. I was right were you were when I started leauge last year

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Were you able to block out the previous frames and games? All too often a bad ball will end up causing a bad frame that leads to a bad game that we can't stop dwelling about and before you know it the entire night is shot.
    Do you have a pre-shot routine? Do you go through the entire routine when you practice? The real purpose of the pre-shot routine is to relax your mind and body. It brings a sense of familiarity, the whole "I've been here before" mindset that allows a confident, tension free delivery. Keep all thoughts and self-talk positive. "Don't" is a negative and will lead to doing exactly what you don't want to do.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast