Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ball release at foul line.

Chats: 0

Default Ball release at foul line.

Hello, I got another one.. How close is to close to the foul line to release the ball. I see some release far away and some really close..
    Hawk.

Blog Entries

i guess once you go over or hit the foul lie then its to close.

Hello I should try to explain myself more, the Ball is what I have in question of how close is to close to the foul line to release the ball..
    Hawk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hello I should try to explain myself more, the Ball is what I have in question of how close is to close to the foul line to release the ball..
    Hawk.
    there is really no right answer because it depends how the lanes are reacting and what your trying to do. Some people release before, right on top, and even after the foul line. It really depends on what your approach looks like and what you feel most comfortable upon having a correct release. Thee is a really good USBC academy video about this sort of thing. I would suggest getting a month subscription there for the videos. PM i might be able to find it in my archives

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sche3067 View Post
    there is really no right answer because it depends how the lanes are reacting and what your trying to do. Some people release before, right on top, and even after the foul line. It really depends on what your approach looks like and what you feel most comfortable upon having a correct release. Thee is a really good USBC academy video about this sort of thing. I would suggest getting a month subscription there for the videos. PM i might be able to find it in my archives
    Sche3067 is correct there is no set rule as to where to let the ball go on the lane as it
    all depends on lane conditions example.... how oily or how dry the heads are and where
    the shot tells you to play at.

If the heads/mids are fried then you'll need a little more loft and if they are too oily then
    you need to try and get the ball into a roll earlier by setting it shorter on the lane to try
    and get it to pick up and read the mids.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Hello, Thank you everybody I totally appreciate all the help. I'm glad I decided To keep going to the lanes. I Like this Sport, It is a personal challenge which is what I like no challenge No fun!
    Hawk.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hello, I got another one.. How close is to close to the foul line to release the ball. I see some release far away and some really close..
    Hawk.
    When I was in juniors the coach would put down a towel lengthwise across the lane just on the opposite side of the foul line. The object was to get the ball over the towel without touching it but to just get it to the other side.

Ideas may have changed on this as I see more modern players release just to the other side of the line almost touching the floor.

Blog Entries

I sent u a pm with a video that might help you

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    When I was in juniors the coach would put down a towel lengthwise across the lane just on the opposite side of the foul line. The object was to get the ball over the towel without touching it but to just get it to the other side.

Ideas may have changed on this as I see more modern players release just to the other side of the line almost touching the floor.
    My release is just beyond the foul line, but I attribute that to my approach. I'm bent over at the waist and stay that way until I release the ball (similar to Marshall Holman). But I also stay forward as well and I use the dots at the foul line.

Doesn't matter if I'm playing straight up the 10 or going 15 to 10, or whatever the case may be.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post

This was taught due to wood lanes combined with minimal oil. Those few inches were believed to be needed to "clear the heads" lol. Once real scientific studies started being done that went away. The only people teaching that now are our age and haven't kept up with the changes or understand the how's/why's
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast