Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panbanger's scores lol

Chats: 22

Default Panbanger's scores lol

New season, new pins! Started with a book average of 175, I pretty much hovered right around there. No dizzying highs or terrifying lows...yet!

"If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Week two, bowled a clean game in #2, which is rare for me! Hopefully many more to come
    The Rude Dude became too much ball near the end of game two, and after starting game #3 by leaving the big four twice I switched to the Outcast. Took a couple more frames to get my groove back and I managed a 200. I only had one 600 series in the summer league, so to bowl one in only the 2nd week of the fall league feels good!

"If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

And now we enter week 3, with the first of the terrifying lows that I mentioned in the first post! Oh man, I just couldn't do crap this week. SO. MANY. OPENS.

I found tonight that as I warmed up, I began to pull the ball. This is actually common for me, and kind of hard for me to stop from happening. First game was a stinker, good second game. The third game could have been good but I got the nasty 7-10 in the ninth frame and chopped a spare in the 10th. :-(

Tonight I had one good game that could have been a great game if not for a couple darn splits! My fault, I pulled the ball of course and paid the price. The first two games felt much worse than the scores reflect. Also I went two for three with my ten pins, I'll take it!

And tonight I shall have nightmares about the 10 pin! Missed a mind boggling three in a row in the third game. Felt like I was falling down a well. I moved 6 inches back and struck out, thank you baby Jesus! I struggled tonight with the Rude Dude...lately it's been too much ball for the lane conditions. Feel like I'm fighting with it, rather than using it. The Brunswick Fanatic may be just what I need! With Hurricane Matthew running wild it may be a little while before I get it though. I will NOT look this gift horse in the mouth! They can take all the time they need staying safe - sending me a free ball should be at the very bottom of their "to do list"

Do you use a plastic spare ball? Four missed single pin spares cost you a 600 series. There is a reason that 99% of the elite bowlers in the world use plastic for spares, and it's not because it makes it harder!

Chats: 0

I used to always throw my reactive stuff at the 10-pin. Was probably 75-80% make for me. Then over the summer I upgraded my arsenal and couldn't cover the ten pin with the new stuff. Just got my first plastic ball drilled Monday and it is night and day. If you don't have a plastic ball, get one.

I used a plastic ball. For the first miss, evidently the strip of skin protector tape on my thumb peeled back a bit when I put my thumb in the ball. Ball stuck on my thumb and I lofted / pulled it. Second miss I over corrected a bit thinking there's no way I'm gonna pull two in a row! Went in the gutter about 2 feet too soon. Third one was a mental collapse that went straight up the 20 board. Then I moved back about 4 inches on the approach and struck out.

Today was not a great day, and translated in to lots of mental errors in my game. I had a great practice session on Tuesday and was ready to kick some behind tonight but... There's a really good job I've been interviewing for, and I made it to the "final round" of interviews but got the email today that would be going forward with another applicant. I have a good job now and God knows lots of us know what it's like to get turned down for a job - it's gut wrenching when you're unemployed! Luckily I'm employed, but it still really took the wind out of my sails. Silver lining - the Brunswick Fanatic was waiting for me when I got home! It's beautiful! Gonna bring it by the pro shop tomorrow to get it drilled up.

In totally unrelated news: man, Photobucket has become a dumpster fire of a website! I'm trying imgur for a while, interface looks to be much cleaner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast