Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best shoes which do not flop in the back?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Did you know that by, tying your sliding foot bowling shoe it will make you slide easier? I don't know why, but it does work, even though it sounds weird.

As far a flopping in the back, that is poor fit. People with narrow heels can get a heel guard to put in their shoes that prevents slipping.
    what does tying your sliding foot bowling shoe mean?
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    Its a old school bowling tip for adjusting your slide.

If you want to slide more, tighten up your shoelaces; if you want to slide less, loosen the shoelaces.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 55

Oops...sorry - It should have said tying your shoe tighter...I edited the post.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Oops...sorry - It should have said tying your shoe tighter...I edited the post.
    seems being a short stocky guy I put a lot of weight on my heel and that don't slide...lol
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

seems being a short stocky guy I put a lot of weight on my heel and that don't slide...lol

Stature and size have little to do with how you distribute your weight. It actually has a lot to do with how far the slide foot is in front of the body in combination with the knee bend. The more bend the easier it is to get the weight on the balls of the foot and slide.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    Stature and size have little to do with how you distribute your weight. It actually has a lot to do with how far the slide foot is in front of the body in combination with the knee bend. The more bend the easier it is to get the weight on the balls of the foot and slide.

to explain my approach...I start the short 5 step approach and the end of the ball return. I cannot take long steps due to a mental block from when I came back to bowling 5 months ago overweight and a bad back I took 2 nosedives which almost made me quit. When I am on the floor I cannot get up myself, I need to crawl to the return and lift myself up. this hurts and is also very embarrassing...lol . I stuck with it and I am over careful now.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

You do what you have to. I sure wouldn't want to have to crawl to the ball return or get assistance to get back up.

I bowled two half seasons blind after my eye injury. I'm talking bandages covering my eyes with the blind man glasses, the whole nine yards. Being that I'm wrapped a little different than most all the comments I could hear being whispered made me more determined. One team complained to the league president saying I caused a delay by needing a teammate to hand me my ball and line me up. Embarassing but I wasn't willing to give up bowling even though at the time the doctors said I would never regain my sight.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by billf View Post
    You do what you have to. I sure wouldn't want to have to crawl to the ball return or get assistance to get back up.

I bowled two half seasons blind after my eye injury. I'm talking bandages covering my eyes with the blind man glasses, the whole nine yards. Being that I'm wrapped a little different than most all the comments I could hear being whispered made me more determined. One team complained to the league president saying I caused a delay by needing a teammate to hand me my ball and line me up. Embarassing but I wasn't willing to give up bowling even though at the time the doctors said I would never regain my sight.
    wow that's horrible,
    being fat is a bit different though, I am also almost blind in my right eye. When I fall they say the fat guy fell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12