Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmyb's scores

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I'm going to look a gift horse in the mouth....

286/183/217 = 686. Probably the single most frustration high-6 I've ever thrown. Started the first game on 10 straight, and then this turd falls off my hand, leaving a 2-8-10. Started 2 with 3 straight, and then the wheels came off. 4 opens in a row, 3 of them single pin. Completely read the transition wrong. Kinda gathered it back up in 3. Left 4 10-pins, and had to throw 4 at the end of the game to salvage it. Yeah, I'm not supposed to ***** about a 686, but here I am. Our guess was the lane guy put down the Wednesday shot (scratch league), which is 35', and it sure behaved like it. No excuses, I did not make the right corrections. Average ticks back to 214.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

High Roller

Ugh. Last week I started my first game with the front 10. All perfectly in the pocket. 11th frame got just a little inside and left the 2-4-7 (lefty). Covered it for a 287. I know the feeling...lol. But followed that up with a 227 and 208 for a 722
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

A night I'd sooner forget.

171/188/216 = 575. At least practice went well. 3 frames after that, and all bets were off. No one (except my buddy on the next pair who shot his 9th 300) could lock in on these lanes. Longest string on the night was 4. 3 straight 2-pin splits in the first game killed that one. Had to move 6 right by the 5th frame. Had a Dutch going in the second, and then whiffed a 7 pin to kill that. Seemed like you just could use the same line twice. One guy on the other end of the house was screaming at the kids behind the counter. They admitted the conditioner needed an overhaul. Well, get on it. Look, I get it. I'm supposed to be able to make adjustments, but this was just silly. What it comes down to is this is just a ****ty, Tuesday handicap league. All folks want to do is come in, have a good night with their friends, and bowl halfway decent. If I wanted to be in a skills league, I'd have joined one, but I usually can't stand most of the people in them (or scratch leagues, for that matter). I'm 56, for Christ's sake. Been they, done that. Average back to 212.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    A night I'd sooner forget.

171/188/216 = 575. At least practice went well. 3 frames after that, and all bets were off. No one (except my buddy on the next pair who shot his 9th 300) could lock in on these lanes. Longest string on the night was 4. 3 straight 2-pin splits in the first game killed that one. Had to move 6 right by the 5th frame. Had a Dutch going in the second, and then whiffed a 7 pin to kill that. Seemed like you just could use the same line twice. One guy on the other end of the house was screaming at the kids behind the counter. They admitted the conditioner needed an overhaul. Well, get on it. Look, I get it. I'm supposed to be able to make adjustments, but this was just silly. What it comes down to is this is just a ****ty, Tuesday handicap league. All folks want to do is come in, have a good night with their friends, and bowl halfway decent. If I wanted to be in a skills league, I'd have joined one, but I usually can't stand most of the people in them (or scratch leagues, for that matter). I'm 56, for Christ's sake. Been they, done that. Average back to 212.
    When I was younger, bowling league was a chance to hang out with my dad. While we all tried our best, it was far more social than serious. I only started taking it seriously after fifty. I now feel like I still have one foot in each sphere, bowling or subbing in a sport league and entering the occasional NEBA tournament, yet still bowling in a non-sanctioned fun league.

Regardless of whether it’s challenge, sport, or THS, I don’t complain about the lane condition,( now the condition of the approaches is a completely different matter ) as long as we’re all facing the same condition, the competition is fair. When the lanes are tough you just get to throw the ball more often. My former teammate Otto used to say that he enjoyed golf more than most golfers because he got to hit the ball more times��
    Last edited by J Anderson; 12-14-2022 at 06:52 AM.
    John

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    When I was younger, bowling league was a chance to hang out with my dad. While we all tried our best, it was far more social than serious. I only started taking it seriously after fifty. I now feel like I still have one foot in each sphere, bowling or subbing in a sport league and entering the occasional NEBA tournament, yet still bowling in a non-sanctioned fun league.

Regardless of whether it’s challenge, sport, or THS, I don’t complain about the lane condition,( now the condition of the approaches is a completely different matter ) as long as we’re all facing the same condition, the competition is fair. When the lanes are tough you just get to throw the ball more often. My former teammate Otto used to say that he enjoyed golf more than most golfers because he got to hit the ball more times��
    The issue with mixed conditions is making it tough on nearly everyone there, in every league bowled in this house. The conditioner hasn't had its covers on in months, because they're constantly fixing it to keep it going. I'd heard a rumor that the MA-USBC has pulled tournaments because of maintenance issues, but I have no way to corroborate that. The guy I battled with for high average last year is sitting at 207, down 16 pins. I'm down 9 at this point. We're both very good at making adjustments, and staying ahead of the transition, but neither of us can really keep up this year. Right now, there's a fair amount of discontent in nearly every league there. That doesn't bode well for a house. I don't complain a lot about the lane conditions, usually admitting that I didn't see a change happening. What's taking place right now is approaching impossible. When you're moving 6-8 left in 3 frames, and then back a game later, that's no longer a "house" shot.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    The issue with mixed conditions is making it tough on nearly everyone there, in every league bowled in this house. The conditioner hasn't had its covers on in months, because they're constantly fixing it to keep it going. I'd heard a rumor that the MA-USBC has pulled tournaments because of maintenance issues, but I have no way to corroborate that. The guy I battled with for high average last year is sitting at 207, down 16 pins. I'm down 9 at this point. We're both very good at making adjustments, and staying ahead of the transition, but neither of us can really keep up this year. Right now, there's a fair amount of discontent in nearly every league there. That doesn't bode well for a house. I don't complain a lot about the lane conditions, usually admitting that I didn't see a change happening. What's taking place right now is approaching impossible. When you're moving 6-8 left in 3 frames, and then back a game later, that's no longer a "house" shot.
    I see your point. It’s one thing if you have a week where the pattern plays weird. When it’s every week it gets to you, especially if you didn’t sign up for a sport or challenge league. I admit that I can only take 34 or 35 weeks of sport league and then I need to take at least a month off. I bowled last winter and summer, so since September I have only subbed twice in the sport league.
    John

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I see your point. It’s one thing if you have a week where the pattern plays weird. When it’s every week it gets to you, especially if you didn’t sign up for a sport or challenge league. I admit that I can only take 34 or 35 weeks of sport league and then I need to take at least a month off. I bowled last winter and summer, so since September I have only subbed twice in the sport league.
    It'd be one thing if I bowled more than one league, but my body no longer allows for that. It's why I decide to move away from the cutthroat scratch leagues around here. I have more fun bowling with people that are just there to have fun and maybe bowl a little. It's not any fun when you're struggling.

Pin Crusher

Better night, but boy, I didn't think it would be.

210/245/231 = 686. I've decided after the start I had in the first game that the Helios is going to get set down until whatever oiling shortage/equipment issue is over at Classic. This ball is just not working on these conditions. 2 opens in the first 5 frames (2-8-10, big 4) came from me trying to get the ball to hold any kind of shape. Switched to the IQ, and everything settled down from there. Clean the rest of the night. Bringing the Phaze back out next week. Average 213.

High Roller

lol. Similar to my night last night. Started game 1 with 2 opens then missed all 3 7 pins and still ended with 648. No idea how
    Arsenal "15# Global Eternity Pi-45x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Xponent-60x4.5x40" "15# 900 Global Zen Soul-60x4.5x40" "15# Roto Grip Idol Helios-90 x 2.25 x 45" "15# 900 Global Altered Reality-50x3.625x30" "15# Brunswick Uppercut-80x3.625x35" "15# Brunswick Igniter-70x5.5x35" "15# Raw Hammer Pearl 45x5.75x40" "15# Brunswick T-Zone"
    Rev Rate about 270 @ about 15.5 MPH at the pins* High Game: 290 - High Series: 733. PAP: 5 1/8"x1" up; tilt 20*, rotation 75*. YTD highs - 290-733
    Oh, and LEFTY!!!

Pin Crusher

Decent night, but still some frustrating shots.

196/279/215 = 690. I had 3 opens all night, all of them splits. 2 in the 1st game, and 1 to finish the night. For the first time in recorded history, I will admit to earning the pocket 7-10 in game one. Got the ball out too far, and it came back on an odd angle. 2 frames later, and left a 2-10. Needed 4 straight just to get to 196. 2nd game was just on. The blemish was a light hit that threw half the rack at the 7 pin. Thing probably spun at least 270°, but didn't go. Last game a lot of 10 pins. Thought I'd get a 7, but a light pocket 8-10 split sealed that. I'll own the first 2 splits, but not this one. Was a much more controlled night, with the Phaze start to finish. Average 214.

Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast