Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmyb's scores

Nice Shooting Timmyb. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Tuesday's scores. Staying on it....

232/216/257 = 705. Game one, 4th frame, launched one through the nose, leaving a 2-4-6-10 (almost got it). Started game 2 with a whiffed 10 pin. That was it for opens. Game 3 was 6 straight to start. Not complaining. That's 4 700's in a row. As tight as the line has been over the past few weeks, it's not phasing me (no pun intended) much. Just trying to stay steady. Average creeps up to 217.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-300; high series-739

Pin Crusher

Not my best effort, but stayed above average.

230/192/237 = 659. 1st game clean, just couldn't get anything more than a double at a time. Started second game with 5, and then the wheels came off. 6th frame, light hit leaving the 4-5, only got the 5. 8th frame, pocket 8-10, 9th frame left the 4-6 (all me on that one). Whiffed a 10-pin in the 2nd frame of 3, and then ran 5. Not really sure what took place that second game, but boy howdy, it wasn't fun. I've had 3 opens in the past 3 weeks, and blew that off the charts last night. Just not concentrating, I guess. Average stays 217.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Pin Crusher

Wrong direction tonight (with a bit of help).

203/221/191 = 615. We knew this was going to be a rough one. The Galloping Grannies (as we like to call them) were our opponents tonight. Outside of the fact that they had us by 308 pins of handicap PER game, they all bowl with plastic balls, and throw from the right corner, quite often missing left of the head pin. Their ability to spread oil rivals that of the house oiler. I was out of my starting ball by frame 6, and by the time game 3 started, I was desperate to come up to the pocket with about the strongest animal in the bag. You can't plan on getting any kind of read that'll last you much more then 4-5 frames bowling against them. Very nice ladies, but God, I hate bowling them. I was clean until frame 16, then had 3 opens in the 3rd game. At least with 3 weeks left, we won't see them again. Average stays 217, barely.

Ringer

Yeah - I feel ya. We have a guy who still bowls with his 1970s era Black Beauty, pretty much same as your Grannies, and moves the oil right were we like to hook. Bah. Just have to bowl around him.

He and his wife are really sweet, though.

Oh well!

Pin Crusher

I've had some strange nights bowling, but this one takes the cake.

233/255/--- = ???. Had a great night going until the start of the 3rd game, and things just went sideways. 1st frame, ball got off my hands, and I left my favorite leave, the bucket. Tugged the spare ball and left the 5 pin. Absolutely crushed the next shot, to leave a surprise 7 pin. The sweep came down, and that's where the night goes wrong. Lane locks up. Kids are in back for the next 15 minutes trying to get anything to function. Meantime, my ball is still back there. After 15 minutes, suddenly lanes 1-6 go dark. Another 10 minutes, and they got those back on, but my lane 1 is still frozen. This is the kind of nonsense everyone in this league has been dealing with all year. The kid comes out, looks all 4 of us, and the other team, dead in the eyes and says "I don't know what's going on. It just won't work". Then orders us to go finish our game on lanes 17-18, after the team there is done bowling the blind. After a few uncomfortable moments staring at each other, we all say "nope, not moving". Other team joins with us. League secretary comes down, and tells us to just go move down. We all packed our **** and left. Let's just say words were exchanged after that.....

Not sure how this'll end, or how the scoring will play out. I think after 27 weeks of this nonsense, they should have expected something to break sooner or later. Guess they just hadn't planned on this. I'm told that both teams will be talked to about this next week. By howdy, I'm looking forward to this.

Ringer

You got your ball, right?

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    You got your ball, right?
    I did. No damage.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    I've had some strange nights bowling, but this one takes the cake.

233/255/--- = ???. Had a great night going until the start of the 3rd game, and things just went sideways. 1st frame, ball got off my hands, and I left my favorite leave, the bucket. Tugged the spare ball and left the 5 pin. Absolutely crushed the next shot, to leave a surprise 7 pin. The sweep came down, and that's where the night goes wrong. Lane locks up. Kids are in back for the next 15 minutes trying to get anything to function. Meantime, my ball is still back there. After 15 minutes, suddenly lanes 1-6 go dark. Another 10 minutes, and they got those back on, but my lane 1 is still frozen. This is the kind of nonsense everyone in this league has been dealing with all year. The kid comes out, looks all 4 of us, and the other team, dead in the eyes and says "I don't know what's going on. It just won't work". Then orders us to go finish our game on lanes 17-18, after the team there is done bowling the blind. After a few uncomfortable moments staring at each other, we all say "nope, not moving". Other team joins with us. League secretary comes down, and tells us to just go move down. We all packed our **** and left. Let's just say words were exchanged after that.....

Not sure how this'll end, or how the scoring will play out. I think after 27 weeks of this nonsense, they should have expected something to break sooner or later. Guess they just hadn't planned on this. I'm told that both teams will be talked to about this next week. By howdy, I'm looking forward to this.
    I predict that your league secretary will quote USBC rule 116b and each team gets zeros for the frames not bowled. In my quick glance at the rules that was the only thing that seemed to apply. Were I your league secretary I would try contacting the rules department and ask if there’s anything that covers a pair of teams walking off because they refuse to move to another pair.

I really don’t see any solution that would have satisfied both teams. Obviously the center didn’t have anyone there qualified to fix the pinsetter. There was no way you were finishing your games on that pair. Move to the other pair and you have no idea of how they will play so even though they are fresher by half a game you could easily go from 255 to 155. If the secretary is on an ego trip he might try to claim the both teams forfeit the last game and get 0 points for it. This will definitely **** both teams off and would probably split the league between those side with you and those who think you’re in the wrong for walking off. The diplomatic solution would be let your teams post bowl the last game., but the you run into the fact (completely made up) that it’s 64 times harder to schedule a time when eight people can get together than for two people to meet to bowl a game. When you throw in the center deciding when lanes are available and the likely hood of getting relatively fresh conditions it’s nearly impossible.
    John

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I predict that your league secretary will quote USBC rule 116b and each team gets zeros for the frames not bowled. In my quick glance at the rules that was the only thing that seemed to apply. Were I your league secretary I would try contacting the rules department and ask if there’s anything that covers a pair of teams walking off because they refuse to move to another pair.

I really don’t see any solution that would have satisfied both teams. Obviously the center didn’t have anyone there qualified to fix the pinsetter. There was no way you were finishing your games on that pair. Move to the other pair and you have no idea of how they will play so even though they are fresher by half a game you could easily go from 255 to 155. If the secretary is on an ego trip he might try to claim the both teams forfeit the last game and get 0 points for it. This will definitely **** both teams off and would probably split the league between those side with you and those who think you’re in the wrong for walking off. The diplomatic solution would be let your teams post bowl the last game., but the you run into the fact (completely made up) that it’s 64 times harder to schedule a time when eight people can get together than for two people to meet to bowl a game. When you throw in the center deciding when lanes are available and the likely hood of getting relatively fresh conditions it’s nearly impossible.
    Both teams got 2 points (each won a game). Nothing awarded for not bowling. Secretary is mum....

Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast