Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758

Thread: Timmyb's scores

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Trust me, I didn't want to post these scores. I'm using this as a warning.

Monday score(subbing)--

136/185/196 = 517. Found out when I got there that they were switching around the pattern this week to try to emulate the nationals shot, as a bunch from this league are headed out there soon. This would have been a handy piece of information to have before I packed my ****, and came with all the wrong equipment. Game 1 was a nightmare. 5 opens along in this game. Was incapable of throwing the same shot twice. Had me all kinds of confused, because I was boiling the rack in practice. Finally got my head in the right place part way through 2, but by then the pushdown was killing any kind of finish I could get out of 2 pieces of polished equipment. I can warn any of you headed to nationals that if this is really the shot out there, it's soup, and pretty long.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Pin Crusher

A tale of 2 nights--

226/244/225 = 695. Before you beat me up with the "guy can only hit a house shot", they did the same thing here tonight that the house on Monday did with the pattern, difference here being A)-I recognized it, and B)-Possibly a little less oil, but just as long. I plunked myself right where I ended on Monday, and only had to drift left a board near the end of game 3. My other important feat tonight was this was my second only 30-clean! I've been dancing with that all year, but finally got there tonight. My right hand is killing me today, though. All kinds of tore up. Average back to 216.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Pin Crusher

Doing Monday and Tuesday all in one--

Monday--191/226/180 = 597. Same pattern (Nationals), better results. Still used the same equipment, just set up better this time. Still couldn't get right due to a cut on my right ring finger that I did the week before, Was hoping it'd heal by now, but not so much.

Tuesday--202/192/189 = 583. Lanes were just kind of odd. the ball that should've hooked, didn't. The "ball down" ball, couldn't keep it off the nose. Not sure what kind of sorcery our mechanic laid out, but it wasn't fun. And that cut? Yeah, that was emphatically there all damn night. Just totally uncomfortable the entire night. Traveling next week, so it'll have a chance to heal up now. Average slips back to 215.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Us old guys are supposed to be thick skinned, but sometimes it seem like we cut twice as easy and take twice as long to heal as we used to��
    John

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Us old guys are supposed to be thick skinned, but sometimes it seem like we cut twice as easy and take twice as long to heal as we used to��
    Worst part is, this was the fingernail cutting into the side of the finger, not even near the end, while I was bowling 2 weeks ago. And I was taped up! Never had that happen before. Growing old is not for wussies....

Chats: 204

When I was in Anaheim Hills, we had a really old guy on our team. I remember when I was first bowling and using a wrist positioner...both he and I were reaching for our bowling balls and the metal of my wrist positioner made contact with his forearm. He was bleeding quite a bit and it took a long time to stop. If it had brushed up against anyone else, it probably would have barely left a mark. But once we get "up there", the skin just isn't as tough.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

He might have been on a prescription blood thinner. Aspirin and I believe other over the counter NSAIDs reduce the ability of blood to clot.
    John

Chats: 204

He might have been on a prescription blood thinner. Aspirin and I believe other over the counter NSAIDs reduce the ability of blood to clot.
    Thats a very good point.

Once we get "up there", the list of drugs we're taking is absurd.

I should have prefaced that statement with, "Iceman, avert your eyes" (inside joke, Iceman was a big proponent of health 'powders' and other items versus being under the foot of prescription drugs. Hopefully ole Iceman is still out there rolling...
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758