Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmyb's scores

Quote Originally Posted by Timmyb View Post
    We always have fun, it's just frustrating when this bozo keeps making the same mistakes. Near the beginning of the league, they had another guy doing this, but he quit, and the owner never replaced him. From what I gather, it's pretty much the only job he thinks the kid is capable of, and he's not. Should have seen the night he didn't check the switch, and put out like a 45'+ pattern....
    I hear ya. I went into my typical night this past Tuesday and got a surprise they were oiled a lot!! heavier than they have been all year with not so crisp backends. I had my nuclear cell, Rubicon RC2 and Hustle PBR with a lot of lane shine so to say the least I was ill prepared for that. I am not a hi rev guy anymore and my speed is not the best so could not get the ball to go through the pins good. Came in Thursday (loaded for bear this time I got my Halo Vision with surface (Which I did not need) and bowled real well till the last game and missed the transition but will take 711 any time out. I got to remember to not move 1-2 boards when that happens I need to move a whole zone. Glad you are having fun like me. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Tuesday's scores.

205/225/244 - 674. First game got marred by two opens (whiffed a 7 and a 10 pin), otherwise clean the rest of the night. Stayed in my zone all night, and never put myself in a bad place. Still getting too many 10-pin leaves, but let's face it, I'm old and losing power. This is what you get when you try to keep dumb mistakes to a minimum. Average @ 210.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Tuesday's scores.

205/225/244 - 674. First game got marred by two opens (whiffed a 7 and a 10 pin), otherwise clean the rest of the night. Stayed in my zone all night, and never put myself in a bad place. Still getting too many 10-pin leaves, but let's face it, I'm old and losing power. This is what you get when you try to keep dumb mistakes to a minimum. Average @ 210.
    When you say you “ stayed in my zone “ do you mean you were able to play the part of the lane that’s most comfortable for you, or do you mean that you kept your mind on the right things at the right time, like when pro athletes say “ I was in the zone tonight.”
    John

Tuesday's scores.

I am in the same boat with the power thing but I did send a messenger for the ten last night so I still got something going. You still had a good night and will always take it. I am ok with losing a little power and am thankful I can still bowl (After 2 hip replacements). Keep bowling good. Steve
    Current arsenal...Roto Grip Nuclear Cell, Hustle PBR, Roto Grip Gem, Idle Helios and Own It Spare. 300 rev rate, 16 mph off hand, 13.3 tilt,61 degrees rotation pap 4 9/16 over 1 1/8 up.

Pin Crusher

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    When you say you “ stayed in my zone “ do you mean you were able to play the part of the lane that’s most comfortable for you, or do you mean that you kept your mind on the right things at the right time, like when pro athletes say “ I was in the zone tonight.”
    The second. I can't really say I was "in the zone", but I payed attention to where the lanes told me to go. I have a tendency to over-read transition at times.
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.

Pin Crusher

Tuesday's scores

181/244/234 = 659. Game 1 was a hot mess. 3 opens included 2 missed 10-pins in a row. I had been spotless on those for some time. Still had one open in both other games, too. 5 on the night is not acceptable. Average stays 210.

Bowling in the state tourney Saturday (singles/doubles). If it's done, it will be with a possibly jammed/dislocated/broken little tow on my right foot, which I did last night. Too late to change dates.

Pin Crusher

Wisconsin state bowling tournament (singles/doubles)

Doubles--205/183/223 = 611
    Singles--234/210/236 = 680
    1291 total

Let's begin with this caveat--Bowlero Corporation is a joke. S/D tournament was held at Bowlero in Wauwatosa. You know, where the pros bowl? They just sunk a couple million in this place a few years ago. Too bad none of it was in the equipment. We started bowling on 45-46. Lanes kept breaking down (squad we followed warned us about this). They finally gave up and moved us to the other side of the planet, to lanes 9-10. Can you guess which game that happened? You would think in a house with 72 lanes that they would have more than ONE mechanic working a tournament. The lanes, the subways, and pretty much the entire place was filthy. Several of us had pieces of sticky cork come out on our balls, which we assume is the grip surface on the wheels below. Our portion was supposed to start at 1:30. They started everyone at 2:15. The 6 guys bowling on out lanes finally finished bowling 6 games at about 5:45. The tournament directors were awesome, and apologized profusely for all the bullsh*t we went through. One of them told me this may be the last time the state tourney come here, unless they clean their act up. Thank God we only have 2 Bowlero centers here. The other house is just as bad, I'm told.

That being said, this was my best performance at state, ever. I will chalk part of it up to bowling with a damaged right foot, which I think forced me to pay extra attention to my footwork. My foot is sore as hell right now, but survived. If anyone wants a really gross picture of some really gruesome bruising, I'd be glad to share.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Congrats on bowling well in spite of the lousy conditions. No thanks on the pics, I’m about to have lunch😉
    John

Pin Crusher

Tuesday's scores.

215/188/207 = 610. First rule of thumb--don't get your second Covid shot the day before and expect to be worth a s**t the next night. Okay, that's a lesser known rule, but might be good advice for those of you headed that direction. Low-to-no energy will lead to some less than average scores. Thought I had something going in game 3 with 4 in a row to start, but that was followed by 3 opens in a row, one of them being the dreaded pocket 7-10. Learned my lesson. Call the sub.....average stays 210.

Tuesday's scores.

215/188/207 = 610. First rule of thumb--don't get your second Covid shot the day before and expect to be worth a s**t the next night. Okay, that's a lesser known rule, but might be good advice for those of you headed that direction. Low-to-no energy will lead to some less than average scores. Thought I had something going in game 3 with 4 in a row to start, but that was followed by 3 opens in a row, one of them being the dreaded pocket 7-10. Learned my lesson. Call the sub.....average stays 210.
    It could have been a lot worse and your average did not change so that's a plus. I had about the same night. Could not get the ball to go through the pins good. Changed balls in the second game and did better but my thumb began to swell (It was hot for this time of year here). Took some tape out and got it better then the lanes changed a lot as I had to make a 5 and 3 move but was never comfortable. Shot 201-233-190 624 with 2 opens both splits. The kid I was bowling against last night spanked me good (no thumb power player) and I don't have the power I once had. Steve

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast