Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Baker 2016-2017

Chats: 0

Week 4:

Game 1: 228 - Solid game, had some tough carry. In this house figuring out how to carry is key
    Game 2: 244 - Solid game, one split and then more carry issues in the 9th and 10th.
    Game 3: 194 - 10 pins, lots of 10 pins. I missed two in a row, one left, then the next one right. My armswing was getting away from my body on my spare shots today.

Total: 666
    Season avg: 219

Strike %: 54.5
    Spare %: 76.9
    Single pin %: 81.8 (9/11)

I threw my first ball well tonight. I thought I had a good look and would be able to put three games together, but as I got to the end of the 2nd game my angles had changed and I lost my carry. Ball speed was up and accuracy was better (still not great). If I don't miss easy spares I'll have my average backup near 230.

Week 5:

Game 1: 225 - I was running late, missed practice and started out with 4 spares before changing balls from my venom shock to the mission. Decent start, clean game.
    Game 2: 206 - More carry issues and a missed 10 pin. As I find myself focusing more and more on single pins and spares I tend to tense up and thoughts of missing easy spares creep into my head.
    Game 3: 243 - I threw the ball well enough all night and this game I finally started to carry. A good shot went high and I made the correct move left, but didn't keep up with the transition in the 10th. First ball in the 10th left a 4-9, picked it up and struck the final shot

Total: 674
    Season avg: 219
    Strike %: 61.8
    Spare %: 92.3
    Single pin%: 87.5% (7/8)

I had another decent night on my strike shot. Only one open frame all night, but it was a simple 10 pin where I started to over think and tense up. This league is a handicap league so averaging between 220-225 consistently every night is not helping my team. I'm off this week and hoping for a big 700 next week.

Week 8:

Game 1: 194 - Timing was fast after 3 weeks off. Ball was getting to the pocket, but not at the right angle. Picked the 8 off the 2-8 for my one missed spare of the night.
    Game 2: 239 - Timing was better and moved right to get the ball to finish better. Threw the ball well, but there were a few hits I just couldn't get to carry
    Game 3: 258 - Timing got a little off half way through after starting with the front 5. I got more hits to carry, but it would've been really nice to get 279 and my first 700.

Total: 689
    Season avg: 220
    Strike %: 60.6
    Spare %: 92.3
    Single pin%: 100% (9/9)

Basically the same result as 3 weeks ago. I need to get the ball to finish better/differently. Hoping to get some practice in tomorrow and fix some of my timing inconsistency

Week 9:

Game 1: 236 - Split, missed 9 pin first two frames, 9 out of the next 10 strikes.
    Game 2: 230 - Wiffed everything on a split in the 2nd frame. All the rest strikes until a 7-10 in the 10th killed the game.
    Game 3: 217 - chopped a 3,6,10 otherwise a good game from an execution standpoint.

Total: 683
    Season Avg: 222
    Strike %: 69.7
    Spare %: 50
    Single pin %: 80% (4/5)

I've been trying to get my speed up, but it's been messing with my timing the past few weeks. The plus side with the extra speed is that I have more miss room, the downside is that my misses are a lot bigger and more frequent. This killed my spare game this week, plus I wasn't all there mentally. It's slowing coming along, but I've had no time to practice.

I still need to find a fall league to bowl, but I'm sure something will come along. There aren't any scratch leagues in the area which is a bit disappointing, so far I'm not loving the handicap aspect.

I'm try a new stat tracker app that I saw bowl1820 using. Less refined, but a lot more options.

Series: 719
    Season Avg: 224
    Strike %:76.5
    Spare %: 62.5
    Single pin%: 75 (3/4)

We got to the alley and they had just cleaned the approaches. I'm not sure what they did, but it was like a skating rink. No one could slide right, people were almost falling down. I had my number 2 pad on and slid forever so I put my sneakers back on and decided to just plant.

Interesting night, I got my first 700 in this league, but I was hoping for more. I used the mission until I had carry issues half way through game 3. I decided to switch to my rebel pearl and got back on track. Pulled the first ball in the 10th and chopped the 3,6,9,10 to put a damper on the night.

By having to plant I really couldn't get the leverage that I normally do. This actually helped prevent me from popping up at the line and hitting up at release. Spares were are struggle with having to plant and my knee is a little sore.

I found a fall league to join, not sure who's on my team, but at least I'll be bowling.
    Last edited by baker; 09-02-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Hurricane Irma made it impossible for me to bowl the final week so my team had to post bowl.

Game 1: 214
    Game 2: 213
    Game 3: 227

Total: 654

Spare game was off and the approaches were still very slippery. Ended the summer with a 223 average, not where I wanted, but fall leagues starts tomorrow.

Still without power at my house so just having AC and a warm meal will be nice. I'll start a new thread for the 2017/2018 season. Similar goals, 1+ 800, 2+ 300 games, 90% single pin, and 230 avg.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456