Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker 2016-2017

Chats: 0

Default Baker 2016-2017

Figured this would be a good way to track progress and notes week to week. Trying to improve consistency and make the correct moves quicker, 4 game series.

Week 1:

Motiv forza Redline the whole night

Game 1: 231 - First game in a few weeks, front 6 then started to see over under. Split in the 10th should've told me to make a big move.
    Game 2: 212 - Tried to keep bumping left with feet, but never kept up with the transition. Missed two makeables and kept leaking the ball to the dry early.
    Game 3: 176 - Wheels fell off, struggled with carry trying to find a good line and struggled with accuracy
    Game 4: 230 - Found a line/the lane came to me. Moved 2 left at break and kept feet where they were. Finally found some hold left without overreaction on misses right.

849 total, overall disappointing first night with 4 missed makeables. The Redline probably wasn't the right chose and made the over/under worse, but it forced me to be more accurate and highlighted some key opportunities. We had four players including myself playing inside and only one had a good look slow hooking it with a lot of tilt. The other four played outside, but only my two teammates had a good look with one shooting 980 and the other shooting 940. Those that did well kept their angles closed and didn't try to cross too many boards, probably a fair statement for bowling in general.
    Last edited by baker; 09-08-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Week 2:

Motiv venom shock games 1-3, Motiv tag game 4;

Game 1: 226 - The fresh in this house is always stupid easy, I was low on the pair by 10. Didn't throw it well and didn't feel great, but I was clean. Lanes started to transition in 10th frame similar to last week

Game 2: 267 - I read the transition well, didn't throw the ball great, but I was in the right area so I got away with my misses. The lanes started to transition again towards the end of the game.

Game 3: 214 - Lanes got ugly, there was a lot of over under, but I kept up with the moves pretty well. Threw the ball better, but missed a 7 pin in the 8th frame. Lanes really started to go so I switched the the Motiv Tag for the fill ball.

Game 4: 226 - Made the right ball change and read the transition well. I'm super comfortable with this ball and threw it well starting with 7 out of the first 8. Missed 10 pins in the 9th and 10th ruined an otherwise good game.

Total: 933 (707 for 3) - 233 Avg

Overall an okay night that could've been good. Really happy with how I read the lanes and made moves, but only threw the ball okay. The glaring issue was the three missed single pins. After missing the 7 pin I tightened up and pulled both 10 pins just to the left; the last game was really feeling good until then. I need to get my spare game straightened out before tournaments start up, I have an issue pulling my spare shots in any pressure situation.

Pin Crusher

Nice rolling!
    Old guy with power (15.5-16; 325). Current arsenal--Storm Summit, RotoGrip Idol Helios, Storm Phaze III, Storm SureLock (retired), Storm IQ Tour Nano and Motiv Rebel tank (spare/dry). High sanctioned game - 300 (4). High sanctioned series - 856. A.V. 300-s - 8. Longest string - 25.
    2023/2024 YTD highs--High game-289; high series-739

Ringer

Nice rolling!

Thanks! My goal this year is to average 230 in this league and shoot my first 800. I need to get a better practice routine and improve my focus. A little less beer this year should help.

Chats: 256

Nice shooting!
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    A little less beer
    Said no one ever.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Said no one ever.
    Maybe more beer, I'll try both options just in case.

I've had 3-300 games. The first 2 were my third game of the night after drinking beer during the first 2 games of the night. I had a 298, which was my 2nd game of the night, and I'm convinced that it was because I wasn't relaxed enough due to lack of beer. I overcame that thought when my 3rd 300 was in my 2nd game back in June.

Week 3:

Motiv venom shock games 1, 2, and half of three. Motiv Tag the rest of game 3 and 4.

Game 1: 233 - Timing was a bit early, but threw the ball reasonably well. There were a lot of higher rev bowlers on our pair so the shot started to break down quick. Missed a 4 pin in the 3rd frame.

Game 2: 215 - clean game, lanes were burning up quick and I was just trying to keep up with the transition.

Game 3: 203 - Missed 4 pin again in frame 2 and missed on the 3-10 conversion. Most people on the pair started to struggle at this point. If you missed right you were going through the nose or Brooklyn, miss left and it was a bucket or 2 pin combination.

Game 4: 211 - Honestly had a good look with the tag and got tapped a few times early. Missed 7 pin frame 2 and one split.

Total: 862 (651 for 3) 215.5 avg
    Season avg: 220

Timing was a little off all night, I was early which causes me too miss right. That's fine early on, but the lanes burnt up quick. I was 2nd high on the pair and felt good about the moves I made, just needed to execute better.

I'm officially in a single pin slump. I need to go a throw a few games of low ball and get my angles set better. Even when I picked up single pins I had no confidence going in. It's super frustrating that I'm struggling with single pins at this level.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast