Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JaxBowlingGuy 16/17 League Scores

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

I missed posting last night.

Subbed as the 5th man on my Monday team.

Started first game strong with the front 9. First ball of the 10th I tug leaving the big 4. Pick 2 up to shoot 262.

Start the second game with missing a 10 pin, then spare. Threw the next 3 strikes then pocket 7-10. Then threw the next 4 strikes and 2nd ball of the 10th leave the Greek church. Finished with 215.

Third game start strike, spare, strike then another big 4. Follow that up with a stone 9 in the 5th. After that I threw the back 7 to finish with 232.

Could have easily been a lot better series without the four big splits, but there's always another night.

262-215-232
    709 series

#lanemasters
    #jaxbowlingguy

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Week 16 League

This post will be rather short... seemed no matter what moves/adjustments I made I just couldn't get the ball to read early enough. Every miss was light and never was able to get comfortable.

208-225-191
    624 series

#lanemasters
    #jaxbowlingguy

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

League week 17

During practice I caught that the ball was doing the same as last week with not reading the backend to make the turn. Swapped to my Lane Masters Exterminator to store more energy (to hopefully release on the back).. found a good line but knew I would have to stay looking as 3/4 members of the opposing team were throwing plastic.

Started strong with a 266 first game with opening 2nd ball of the 10th.

Game 2 started great with the first 3 strikes. Then it was like a switch was flipped and carry disappeared and started leaving the 10 pin. After 6 frames of 9/ finally got another strike. Finished with 214

Last game again started good with a double. Then I split followed by another double. Throw on a few spares and a couple more strikes to shoot 209.

266-214-209
    689 series

Average held at 226

#lanemasters
    #jaxbowlingguy

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Wow it's been longer than I thought. Been super busy with bowling and work. Well my leagues are starting to come to an end with only a couple weeks left. I did shoot another 300 this week for the 2nd of the season in that league. I have also picked up a full time sub position in another league at another house where I'll just get my 21 games in.

Here's the scores since the last post in my regular Wed night league.

Currently at a 224.53 average on the year with 102 games so far.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

On Monday nights I have finished subbing and ended with 36 games and an average of 224.36

Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 05-09-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

My Thursday night league that I'll be subbing through the end of the season at another house

I'm at 227.27 with 15 games so far

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Shot 300 tonight at Orange Park while our team was post bowling from last week. Ball of choice was the Lane Masters Yeah Baby for the 2nd one in 2 weeks with it although this one won't "count".

Started game 1 with the Lane Masters ExTerminator and thew two splits and two 7 pins. Ball was coming off the spot too hard. Went to the Yeah Baby and threw the next 5 strikes, spared a split in the 10th and then a 9 count to salvage a 203 after having a 48 in the 4th.

Game 2 continued the Yeah Baby to shoot 300

Game 3 stayed with the Yeah Baby. Opened in the first, threw the next 4 then went back to back splits getting a little slow on the speed. Then shot the back 5 for 221 and a 724 series

I will still say this is one of if not the most controllable Ball I have thrown.

#lanemasters
    #jaxbowlingguy

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Great shooting congrats on the 300!

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Nice shooting Jax!!

Super Moderator

Blog Entries

Last night was the last night of my Wednesday league. I got the new Lane Masters Mighty Kong in prior to league and drilled it right before practice. With the ball being a polished pearl, it gets good length clearing the heads with ease and makes a strong yet controllable arch motion down lane. Great continuation through the pins while also keeping them low to the deck.

I threw the Mighty Kong in game 1 fresh off the press and aside from my mistakes in the 7th and 9th it was a solid game.

Game 2 went to the Yeah Baby to mellow out the backend and continued through the end of the night.

Overall I don't feel it was a great night by any means with the missing of spares but it wasn't horrible.

Finished the league with a 223 average and only 1 series under 600 (last week when the oil machine was not operating properly).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast