Thread: JC's 2016-17 scores

Default JC's 2016-17 scores

New year New scores

This year I will be starting Mens league for the first full season and also starting my first sport shot league as well.

Goals: In the Mens league I would like to finish the season with a 220 average. I believe this is very possible based on the leagues from last season. In the Sport shot league I would like to average over 190 but realistically I would be happy with over 180 being my first sport shot league.

Here are my scores so far for the season:

9/08 (Thursday Mens League) - 211, 208, 182. This was my first week back into Mens league and I struggled for some reason. I was not hitting my marks and missed some easy spares. I think this was just the excitement of being back because I figured it out the next week.

9/12 (Monday Sport Shot) - 182, 188, 154. We start off with a 36 foot Beijing pattern for 3 weeks. It is pretty dry in the middle and a lot of oil on the outside. I struggle with shorter patterns usually but I believe this is due to the fact that I do not have much experience on them. I am trying to stand around 35 and throw to about 13-15 but I was flaring the ball out to around 8-10 and it was getting lost in the oil. I started off well and got a couple bad breaks at the end of the 3rd game but always next week.

09/15 (Thursday Mens League) - 226, 267, 216. This night was a lot better than the first week of league. I was hitting my marks and other than a couple bad shots was an overall great night. I had the front 9 in the 2nd game but got a pocket 10 pin that I missed in the 10th frame. That will be another goal this year is to get better at 10 pin shooting.

09/22 (Monday Sport Shot) - 201, 153, 212. This was the 2nd week of the 36' Beijing pattern and I felt more comfortable this week than the last. The 153 game had a 4 pin miss right and I chopped the 10 pin off a 6-10. Other than that the other 2 games were solid and I look forward to bowling on this pattern the next week.

Gotta love this game

09/23 (Thursday Mens League) - 247, 214, 224 (685) Started off with two spares then 6 strikes then lost to a 267. The next two games I struggled a little with the transition and I tugged a couple inside. I think this has to due with the line I was playing in my sport shot league on monday. I was able to win the next 2 games and the series though. After 3 weeks of mens league I will establish with a 221 average and hope to raise it from there.
    Last edited by Jconner91; 09-23-2016 at 02:14 PM.