Thread: Trident

Default Trident

Rev Rate: 500
    Axis Tilt: 25
    Axis Rotation: 45
    Ball Speed:17
    PAP Measurements: 4 1/8

Description: Motiv has taken Poseidon’s favorite weapon and has turned it into the ULTIMATE WEAPON for mankind. The Trident is the new ultimate weapon for heavy oil and features Motiv’s latest technology to provide massive hook potential. Featuring the new Turbulent asymmetric core the Trident explores a spec set no previous Motiv release has targeted before.

Out of box surface: 3000 Grit LSS
    Inner Core: Turbulent
    Cover: Coercion HVH

Ball Reaction: Honesty is the best policy and the Trident has provided me with the most hook I’ve ever seen out of Muskegon Michigan, it is safe to consider this ball as an upgrade to both the Jackal and Jackal Carnage. Needless to say there is a lot of hook built into the Trident but not all of its muscle is shown off up front as it provides a reasonable shape and continuation throughout the entire lane. In most cases weaponry with a lot of hook indeed give you a lot of that up front and early, but also become slower down lane. I am yet to see the Trident slow down. The Trident is nothing short of raw power.

Comparisons

Jackal: The original is cleaner than the Trident however in terms of overall hook pins down the Trident is the bigger ball; the cover on the Trident is also bigger compared to the Turmoil HFP Reactive coverstock on the Jackal. Overall the Trident provided me with a more continuous ball motion from start to finish compared to the original Jackal.

Jackal Carnage: The Carnage in my eyes was a giant snow tire ideal for heavy patterns; it was early up front and provided me with a slow ball motion due to the Coercion XFS Reactive coverstock. The Coercion HVH on the Trident provides me with a faster response time and a bigger shape overall, the muscle of the Trident is not only shown up front but more so throughout the entire lane. The Trident is 3-4 boards stronger than the Jackal Carnage.

Revolt Havoc: The Havoc is earlier upfront than the Trident however in terms of hook and down lane shape the Trident is the bigger ball. The Havoc starts early and rolls continuous throughout the entire lane, however what the Havoc wasn’t favorable for me when I wanted open to the lanes as it did not provide a big enough shape down lane. In terms of the Trident I don’t have an issue with shape down lane.

Summary

A bowling ball that does as advertised is a bowling ball that will be loved by the masses, and the Trident is just that. Not to be overshadowed by the huge hook factor is the overall control, because hook not accompanied by a controlled raw power breeds misery. I was rather impressed with the reaction it gave me on longer patterns and flatter patterns, I was easily able to open my angles and use the shape it provided me with to my advantage. I have never thrown a Muskegon ball that has given me this much hook upfront and shape down lane; it’s visually pleasing to watch.

The Trident will appeal to those that are speed dominate in the same way the Jackal Carnage appealed to the slower/moderate speeds as the cover responds rather early and quick, a definite plus to the bowler. The Trident is worth your time if you are looking for a serious amount of hook and I promise it will be nothing short of raw power, when Poseidon bowls league at crashing waves lane this is the first ball out of his bag. May it be the first out of your bag as well.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II

Motiv Staff
    Whybowl Staff
    RealBowlers Tape Staff

ive seen people throwing this ball , and u r correct this ball is a beast