Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to mentally make 5 pin area spares

Cranker
    Chats: 0

would help to know what type of shot you throw, a straight ball non fingertip? a fingertip ball with some hook...etc... If you throw a light weight non hooking ball odds are you will hit the head pin and deflect and leave the 5 or the 5-8.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Lou, he throws a "chest pass" style 2 handed shot that goes mostly in the middle of the lane.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Lou, he throws a "chest pass" style 2 handed shot that goes mostly in the middle of the lane.

chest pass in the middle of the lane should get the 5 every time, also it will leave it a lot...
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

is not chest pass as ball is to the right of my body. it's spiral rugby throw with tons of revs

Blog Entries

Try to find out your strike line move to the left 2 boards and go for your strike shot seems to work for me on a ths

Cranker

I am curious on how you are leaving 5 pins if you have lot's of revs? Unless you are crossing over.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    I am curious on how you are leaving 5 pins if you have lot's of revs? Unless you are crossing over.
    If you read all of his posts here and in the other forums (he's 2handedvolcano on ballreviews and BrunswickKing170 on bowlingcommunity)

you'll find he's using his "Rugby" style chest pass to throw a 9-10 pound plastic ball down the middle of the lane. The revs he may have on the ball are about meaningless.

See his video here https://vimeo.com/180988446

Because If that light ball goes left or right of the head pin just a little, it will deflect and that deflection will typically leave the 5 pin. Because the ball will not drive in to take out the 5 and the rest of pins will most likely get kicked out around it not into it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 09-24-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Cranker

ok now I see, I don't read other boards. and now kind of remember the video he posted a while back. Just didn't know it was a 10lb ball. My opinion hasn't changed though..just throw a strike ball at the 5

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

With all those 230s you claim to have a 5 pin shouldn't be a problem. Just throw your strike shot.
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast