Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What happened to ASLAN

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

They ask me if I wanted to partnership with them, but its a 35 mile drive, and I would have to be there to be the mechanic when the machines jam up, or need pins set!
    ITs a lot of work, when your bowling as the current Renters do, bowling on a league and going back and forth doing fixes,, on the pin setting machines,,, some night it might be several trips. The two that rent it now Chris, and Lee, are getting up there in age!! This alley is not for profit, that's how they run it. To pay expenses, oil, and maintained. Not sure it would make it if someone wanted to make a huge profit off of it. Example: most leagues are at most 8 bucks, and believe it or not they have a small prize check at the end of the season, minus expenses. Everyone brings their own drinks, beer, mixed drinks,,, etc. Many times a farm boy will bring in a huge butchered 1/4 hog smoked, to share with fellow bowlers. It's a unique place! The owner has it for an investment, likes that the community enjoys it! The owner doesn't even like bowling, nor does he bowl at his alley.
    It is well maintained and sanded when its supposed be I believe every few years.
    Its a great deal, but not a money maker, but think of all the fun it would be running your own bowling lanes! It has leagues Monday thr Friday, no open bowling at this time except on Fri/Sat,,, 6 to 9pm or when ever the last bowlers leave.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    They ask me if I wanted to partnership with them, but its a 35 mile drive, and I would have to be there to be the mechanic when the machines jam up, or need pins set!
    ITs a lot of work, when your bowling as the current Renters do, bowling on a league and going back and forth doing fixes,, on the pin setting machines,,, some night it might be several trips. The two that rent it now Chris, and Lee, are getting up there in age!! This alley is not for profit, that's how they run it. To pay expenses, oil, and maintained. Not sure it would make it if someone wanted to make a huge profit off of it. Example: most leagues are at most 8 bucks, and believe it or not they have a small prize check at the end of the season, minus expenses. Everyone brings their own drinks, beer, mixed drinks,,, etc. Many times a farm boy will bring in a huge butchered 1/4 hog smoked, to share with fellow bowlers. It's a unique place! The owner has it for an investment, likes that the community enjoys it! The owner doesn't even like bowling, nor does he bowl at his alley.
    It is well maintained and sanded when its supposed be I believe every few years.
    Its a great deal, but not a money maker, but think of all the fun it would be running your own bowling lanes! It has leagues Monday thr Friday, no open bowling at this time except on Fri/Sat,,, 6 to 9pm or when ever the last bowlers leave.
    I would think with your love of the lanes that you would want to be there for Fri / Sat league night anyway, you could put a cot in the office so you can take a nap if the 5 to 10 pm shift gets a little overwhelming, getting their an hour early to oil and staying an hour lane to clean up should be enough time. Think of all the practice time you would have available, you , Aslan, Rob, and the farm boys can have a King Of The Hill Tournament every Sunday after church !

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    Maybe with the proximity to the Missouri "Garden o Eden" you can get it declared a historical landmark, then you can put a couple of extra water spigots into the hall by the bathroom and you can let people fill a mason jar full of " Holy Water" for a buck, that would add a new revenue stream !

Blog Entries

The original Lanes where Adam and Eve bowled!! Might change the name form Plattsburg Bowl, to "The Forbidden Ten Pin"...... LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234