Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DV8 Warranty?

Chats: 0

Default DV8 Warranty?

Do any of you all know if DV8 provides a warranty?

Got a DV8 Ruckus Schizo from the local lanes Pro Shop, last one on their shelf I am guessing. i love this ball on their lanes but the finger tip holes half a crack all the way around them and I am just waiting for them to crack and have the piece fall out.

I suppose that won't be a problem since my ball won't be rolling over the holes.

Thoughts?
    In the bag – DV8 Pitbull, DV8 Vandal Smash, DV8 Creed(16#), Path spare
    High Game – 276, SUN-184,TUES-193,WED-196,FRI-190
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forum! I am proud to bowl with One Hand!

Chats: 32

DV8 has a one year warranty. Don't wait take it in now if it's still under warranty.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers
    DV8 has a one year warranty. Don't wait take it in now if it's still under warranty.
    Sorry Amyers but that is incorrect here is what DV8 says about their warranty on their bowling balls

Warranty
    Look. We don’t screw around. DV8 bowling balls have been manufactured to the highest standards of workmanship and material. We warrant that they’ll be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase. We agree to repair or replace the ball you bought if at any time during the warranty period it’s found to be defective in material or workmanship.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 221

Contact the pro shop you bought the ball from. They should be able to get it replaced if it's within two years from your purchase dated. Depending on their distributer they will either need to submit pictures of the cracking and the serial number. Or they might be required to send the ball back to them
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

In this case sometimes the manufacturer says the damage was caused by the drilling which excludes them from responsibility.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

I've never had to file a ball warranty claim and not sure how successful it would be. There are so many other variables in play. Ball manufacturers can easily blame drilling or bowling alley before they point the finger at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Sorry Amyers but that is incorrect here is what DV8 says about their warranty on their bowling balls
    My apologies I figure it was the same as Brunswick's. Shouldn't be a problem exchanging it as long as the ball was drilled properly

Current arsenal

My guess is that DV8 is gonna say its the drilling not their problem, but I"m still gonna ask. I have 5 other balls (2 being used my better half) all but 1 being used regularly on 2 leagues and all drilled by the same Pro Shop and employee. None showing the same concern.

Thanks for your input.
    In the bag – DV8 Pitbull, DV8 Vandal Smash, DV8 Creed(16#), Path spare
    High Game – 276, SUN-184,TUES-193,WED-196,FRI-190
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forum! I am proud to bowl with One Hand!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    My guess is that DV8 is gonna say its the drilling not their problem, but I"m still gonna ask. I have 5 other balls (2 being used my better half) all but 1 being used regularly on 2 leagues and all drilled by the same Pro Shop and employee. None showing the same concern.

Thanks for your input.
    My experience with the warranty claims has been good unless the driller did something pretty bad they will usually cover it.

Current arsenal

I have never had a claim but recall there was some notation about the size of the bridge and inserts and I found the following statement listed on the Bowlingball.com web-site

"Manufacturers typically do not warranty a ball against cracking if finger inserts are used."

I would certainly still bring the ball back to the pro shop and see what happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast