Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "House shot," not consistent

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    When the lane man, manager, counter people etc. tell you its the same conditions week after week, They might not necessarily be lying about it.

As far as they know they maybe the same, most houses don't strictly monitor the conditions every day, week or month.

Plus a lot of the lane guys, let alone the owner or the other workers don't have a clue to how the lane machine works or if it's working properly.

They just know that you push button #2 for the Monday night pattern and if they pushed that button as far as they know their putting down the same pattern.
    The thing is my house General Manager is a 230 avg. bowler he trains all the help from the mechanic to the lane oil man. He knows what he is doing. Being a down and in lefty he doesn't see how much difference the new lanes play than the old ones. This is season 2 and we are in one month with the new lanes. They have tries a lot of different combinations and no one is happy. One bowler just won a PBA senior tournament a month ago and barely hit 600. Everyone walks back shaking their head. I have seen sports patterns play easier.

Chats: 4

Same as our center the same pair of lanes will play differently night to night
    day to day week to week even if the weather is the same or close to the same.

last week the lanes were pretty dry and last night dry wasn't the word for it he
    ran the machine down the lanes but I couldn't feel any oil on the lanes when I
    ran my finger across the lane it was bone dry as if they had just been stripped.

About 90% of the league was complaining about the lanes being so dry but as
    it has been said before the owner said "well they are the same as last week"
    even though he was told there was no oil on them by several people.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

I have hardly ever noticed a difference. I think it is more mental really

Super Moderator

Blog Entries
    Chats: 1305

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Same as our center the same pair of lanes will play differently night to night
    day to day week to week even if the weather is the same or close to the same.

last week the lanes were pretty dry and last night dry wasn't the word for it he
    ran the machine down the lanes but I couldn't feel any oil on the lanes when I
    ran my finger across the lane it was bone dry as if they had just been stripped.

About 90% of the league was complaining about the lanes being so dry but as
    it has been said before the owner said "well they are the same as last week"
    even though he was told there was no oil on them by several people.
    How far down the lane did you feel? AMF centers for example don't oil the first 1-2 feet

Cranker

Hey that's what teaches us to adjust. Would you really want to bowl on the same conditions all the time....lol...
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Pin Crusher

Lou we are bowling on the same shot every week. It just sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    Hey that's what teaches us to adjust. Would you really want to bowl on the same conditions all the time....lol...
    That's the key. My house the conditions do change, sometimes insignificant amounts week to week, but last night was another one of those "the lanes are flooded" type of nights. I picked up on it in practice and adjusted. I typically play inside and swing it out, but last night I started almost up and in. My Thursday night league is smaller and doesn't have many 200 bowlers, but everybody that throws a decent hook couldn't figure out what they were doing wrong. They all blamed the lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Being a down and in lefty he doesn't see how much difference the new lanes play than the old ones.
    Does anyone else play down and in? Sounds like it's a tougher shot that caters to this style of bowling.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by zacks View Post
    That's the key. My house the conditions do change, sometimes insignificant amounts week to week, but last night was another one of those "the lanes are flooded" type of nights. I picked up on it in practice and adjusted. I typically play inside and swing it out, but last night I started almost up and in. My Thursday night league is smaller and doesn't have many 200 bowlers, but everybody that throws a decent hook couldn't figure out what they were doing wrong. They all blamed the lanes.
    that's what I'm saying zacks,,, when that happens I put away my phaze ball inside line and throw my Track down and in and avoid the oil. All summer I bowled in the practice league with the same people on the right side on the house. the league is on the left side of the house. No clue if that's it but a lot of people say that the higher side of the house is better. I may not be a high average but I know the difference and adjust to it.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by StormBowler13 View Post
    How far down the lane did you feel? AMF centers for example don't oil the first 1-2 feet
    I checked at 4' and then again at 15' down at the arrows no oil that I could feel
    on the lanes. I know the first 15" or so never has no oil on them for safety's sake
    just in case someone goes over the foul line a little.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast