I have had an annoying scrape on the back of my car that extended from the rear door all the way across the rear fender/quarter panel. During a crappy vacation to visit the inlaws, I went to leave in a hurry one day and rubbed against a black plastic near housing on one of their vehicles (making for an even crappier trip). Nevertheless, the plastic seemed to have melted onto my vehicle, but didn't scratch it per say. I had tried various compounds, scratch removers, alcohol with no luck. So, I let it go for like a year.

I keep most of my bowling stuff in my garage, including spinner and polishes. I saw the Royal Compound as I entered the garage today and thought "hmmmm...." A lot of stuff is borrowed from the automotive industry anyways and its just a family car, nothing special - why not try a small spot. 15 minutes later, scratch is entirely gone. Its entirely plausible that the compound is just a little grittier than the stuff I tried before, but nevertheless I feel good about it. I'm not sure i would use it inside the finger inserts on my bowling balls, but it definitely worked on my car