Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording scores

Default Recording scores

Do your leagues continue to use recap sheets and expect scores / points to be filled out ?

On one team I'm on no one wants to do them and in a few cases no one on the other team wants to do them, so they just get left blank at times.

Is there really a great need for them even with computer recorded scoring ?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Do your leagues continue to use recap sheets and expect scores / points to be filled out ?

On one team I'm on no one wants to do them and in a few cases no one on the other team wants to do them, so they just get left blank at times.

Of course their needed!

A lot of places the scores are entered manually into the league secretary programs used and on some small leagues the secretary's still do the standings by hand.

It's part of the paper trail, the captains need to have a copy of the recaps if you find a mistake in the standing later alot times that might be your only proof a mistake was made.

Not wanting to keep score is just plain lazy.

If filling out a recap is too much trouble, just want till one night when the computer goes down and they hand out blank score sheets and you have keep score for every frame (which today probably only a hand full of people on the league will know how to do).

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

1820 is correct. We actually have it in our bylaws that team on the left writes down the scores for the 1st 2 games. Team on the right does the 3rd game and totals. Unless one team volunteers to do it all.

Cranker

We record scores in both my leagues and then the captain of the other team signs off on each others scores. Also makes it easier for the league secretary to enter in the scores when he has the sheets.
    Last edited by JasonNJ; 10-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.

For this league the league secretary is the house and when I asked the guy who runs the counter he said they only use them if the computer recording fails.
    So far over the past 21 years it hasn't failed.

We have quite a few guys in the league that bowled in the days of manual scoring, but the younger kids don't know how to keep score.

I guess I don't see the importance .....mostly what is gets used for is guys checking other scores for side pots / and such
    Last edited by Tony; 10-03-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Pin Crusher

WE use BLS software it is tied into Brunswick automatic score system. When you have a new bowler yhe bls doesn't get the scores from the front desk. Also if you change the name on the auto scorer it isn't recognized. Always demand paper back up. Mid season if comp. crashes you have paper to restore league.

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

be careful with pencil for crafty erasers

Pin Crusher

Some bowlers manage leagues, keep them running they are league secretary/treasurers and others just show up and bowl. Presidents are figure heads in most leagues.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

For this league the league secretary is the house and when I asked the guy who runs the counter he said they only use them if the computer recording fails.
    So far over the past 21 years it hasn't failed.

We have quite a few guys in the league that bowled in the days of manual scoring, but the younger kids don't know how to keep score.

I guess I don't see the importance .....mostly what is gets used for is guys checking other scores for side pots / and such
    Going back rereading these posts.

It seems the league your referring to does pass out blank recaps sheets to be filled out.
    (because you say no one wants to fill them out)

and you say the house doesn't use (the recaps they pass out) to input the scores, unless there's a computer failure .

So right there is a reason have them.

Just because there's never been a computer failure or glitch in the system (just wait till a software update that doesn't go right), doesn't mean there will never be one. And if no one is filling out the recaps, then the house won't have them to reconstruct the scores.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-03-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 217

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Some bowlers manage leagues, keep them running they are league secretary/treasurers and others just show up and bowl. Presidents are figure heads in most leagues.
    Seeing as the president's duties are to verify the deposit and enforce the rules what else would you like them to do?
    USBC SILVER CERTIFIED COACH
    Gold Coach Candidate
    Owner/Operator of Bowlerz Score Coaching
    Tweener Rev Rate of 420, Speed 19 mph
    Key Bowling Staff Member
    Key Bowling Coaching Staff

IBPSIA member
    Former Staff Bowler at www.BowlerX.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast