Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording scores

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Going back rereading these posts.

It seems the league your referring to does pass out blank recaps sheets to be filled out.
    (because you say no one wants to fill them out)

and you say the house doesn't use (the recaps they pass out) to input the scores, unless there's a computer failure .

So right there is a reason have them.

Just because there's never been a computer failure or glitch in the system (just wait till a software update that doesn't go right), doesn't mean there will never be one. And if no one is filling out the recaps, then the house won't have them to reconstruct the scores.
    I see your point, it also seems like to some part of the reasoning is " that's how it's always been done". In reality to most likely event is with the computer system taking a complete data dump, the restoration from backup causes them to lose one days scores. You can make a case for that in either direction, either the end of the world or doesn't really make a big enough different to matter. I'm sure it's somewhat divided.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Some bowlers manage leagues, keep them running they are league secretary/treasurers and others just show up and bowl. Presidents are figure heads in most leagues.
    The trend in my area has become that the house runs the league, acts as the secretary/ treasurer and the President is the rules and regulations guy, I don't think that's just a figure head but it all depends on that person. Some take an active role in managing and others sit back and wait to see what / if anything happens. Pro-active vs Reactive

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

My league president sit next to me at the organizational meeting when I read the rules and run the meeting.
    He is given monthly bank statements by me.
    He helps me pass out the money envelopes at the banquet.
    Any question or complaint comes to me.
    If you walked up to any one of the 120 bowlers bowling on Friday night 1 in 12 might know who the President is.
    He is also very good at smiling and is a real nice man.

We have recap sheets and usually one person does it. If nobody wants to we draw straws. We are hooked up to league Secretary and it is a good system. Usually we have no issues getting someone to take care of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12