Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lead off guy timing

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I had more but some G.D. kids are on my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    This and some of your other post are what irritates me. Always giving advise on which ball to use. Talking about being the anchor man. Throwing your 12 ball and more.
    I talked to a few people I know and they said you just stand right and fire the ball at the head pin. Yet on here you sound like an expert.
    There are many bowlers on here who are experts. If you want to talk about being a board member I will listen and thank you for helping bowling. Same for anyone who does things to help bowling. Run tournaments volunteers to help local assn. etc.
    Whomever you are talking to certainly does not know me, except for one person, and I do not fire the ball at the head pin by any means. So the so called people you are talking to are talking about something they know absolutely nothing about!

And as far as experts go, I have never claimed to be one. And when I talk about a subject, I talk from my own experience(s). And I will certainly express my opinion(s) as well, just like everybody else does here.

This forum contains tons of opinions from people at all levels, and while we can all agree to disagree with these opinions, we are sharing what we have done and what works best for us.

And FYI, I rarely throw my 12lb balls these days. But even if I did, it is totally irrelevant.
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    This and some of your other post are what irritates me. Always giving advise on which ball to use. Talking about being the anchor man. Throwing your 12 ball and more.
    I talked to a few people I know and they said you just stand right and fire the ball at the head pin. Yet on here you sound like an expert.
    There are many bowlers on here who are experts. If you want to talk about being a board member I will listen and thank you for helping bowling. Same for anyone who does things to help bowling. Run tournaments volunteers to help local assn. etc.
    Ford I don't know what set you off this morning but you're out of line. I don't know Vegas personally and I've never seen him bowl but I've got somewhat similar stats my averages are somewhat higher not much and I've anchored teams plenty of times and struck out in the 10th plenty too. It's not like he has some fake average claiming he's the next Pete Webber either. I have no problem with people calling out a liar we've seen it on here before but I don't see anything in Vegas's stats or posts that represent that status. Very few of Vegas's post have ever seemed out of line to me factually or what he believes to be true of bowling balls or anything else. If you have problems with or disagree with info he posts then point it out to the community but attacking in this manor not the right way to handle it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Ford I don't know what set you off this morning but you're out of line. I don't know Vegas personally and I've never seen him bowl but I've got somewhat similar stats my averages are somewhat higher not much and I've anchored teams plenty of times and struck out in the 10th plenty too. It's not like he has some fake average claiming he's the next Pete Webber either. I have no problem with people calling out a liar we've seen it on here before but I don't see anything in Vegas's stats or posts that represent that status. Very few of Vegas's post have ever seemed out of line to me factually or what he believes to be true of bowling balls or anything else. If you have problems with or disagree with info he posts then point it out to the community but attacking in this manor not the right way to handle it.
    One of the biggest issues is the fact that most of my arsenal is 12lbs. And I think the other issue he might have, is that my equipment is made in another country.

I talk about the Brunswick line because 1) It is what I use, and 2) I can't use anything other than Brunswick equipment because of a Conflict Of Interest agreement.

And as I have said before, I can no longer say what I want to say because of the Code Of Conduct agreements I have. Otherwise I would probably get banned from here. lol
    Southern Nevada USBC Board of Directors. DV8 - Thug Unruly, Vandal, Vandal Smash. Pitbull, Brunswick - Ultimate Nirvana, Fanatic BTU, Vintage Danger Zone, Plastic T Zone. Memberships- USBC Southern Nevada - http://www.sonvbowl.com, 9TapTour Las Vegas Region - http://www.9taptour.com, LaneSideReviews, #TeamLSR, #TeamBrunswick

Lets just say if there was an option of keeping either Vegas or Fordman on these boards I'd keep Vegas. He has contributed more to these boards than Fordman has. Actually all that Fordman does is **** and moan. Seems like he is always grumpy. Take that nonsense elsewhere. Not sure why you have such an agenda against Vegas.

Getting back on topic, on my various teams, our lead off bowlers will usually only bowl ahead of our anchor to keep up the pace if our lanes have gotten behind for one reason or another.
    Average: 190, High Game: 285, High Series 718
    In the bag: Radical More Cash, Track Paradox Pearl, Track Tundra, Storm Super Natural

Wow this thread was very entertaining!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Ringer

Vegas what is your conflict of interest your talkin about?

Quote Originally Posted by manke View Post
    Vegas what is your conflict of interest your talkin about?
    The Conflict Of Interest agreement that I have is with Brunswick.

I cannot use any bowling balls for any reason other than in the Brunswick family line. Using anything other than Brunswick, DV8 or Radical, is a breech because if were to throw anything else it conflicts on my exclusive use of Brunswick bowling balls.

Currently I can use other shoes, but that can change at any time.

And to clarify, those who have or have had agreements with other companies also have the same Conflict of Interest agreements as well. Some are explicit even to shoes, gloves, towels, etc.
    Last edited by 1VegasBowler; 10-06-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by 1VegasBowler View Post
    The Conflict Of Interest agreement that I have is with Brunswick.

I cannot use any bowling balls for any reason other than in the Brunswick family line. Using anything other than Brunswick, DV8 or Radical, is a breech because if were to throw anything else it conflicts on my exclusive use of Brunswick bowling balls.

Currently I can use other shoes, but that can change at any time.

In other words your a Brunswick staffer.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast