Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good practice today

Chats: 0

Default Good practice today

I took a personal day from work today and got a few things done that needed attention, and got done in time to bowl a couple hours. I didn't keep score today. I worked on timing, on getting my trailing foot in a better position so I stop stoving my big toe into the approach, and tightening up thumb holes with tape and practicing my release.
    I bowled next to a super senior league. A lot of the guys moved chairs onto the approaches so they didn't have to walk from the bowlers circle to the approach every time. Some could barely walk, or hear. One was completely blind. Yet there they were, competing and having fun. Our sport is cool like that !

Chats: 10

Great to hear. During summer here tow guys created a pole to stick into the finger holes and pushed the ball with it. They were striking. I guess they had a bad car accidents and couldn't bowl how they used to. Was very cool to see. Our sport is cool like that!
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Got some practice in myself today. Trying to learn a new release so we wont discuss scores lol. Also picked up a spare ball so got some spare work in.

Going practice is one of my favorite things to do. I get a lot of days off during the week so I can pick times where the bowling alley is dead. Put in some ear buds and work on my game with no pressure. I took up bowling in April and it's become my go to hobby.

Love this game.

Cranker

I try to practice on Monday Morning $1 a game and Thursday afternoon $1 a game. My issue is I always shoot for score. I need like 3 games of shooting 7 and 10 pins. I'm a stubborn bastard...lol.. I am thinking of going right now as a mater of fact.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

I allow myself a couple of games for score. I try to do release drills and shoot 7 and 10s

A few of the centers near me used to allow you to rent the lane for a set amount of time. Doing this was great because you didn't have to even turn the score on. All but one don't allow this anymore it's only pay per game and the one center that you can rent the lane will not allow the score to not be on.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by ep1977 View Post
    A few of the centers near me used to allow you to rent the lane for a set amount of time. Doing this was great because you didn't have to even turn the score on. All but one don't allow this anymore it's only pay per game and the one center that you can rent the lane will not allow the score to not be on.

that is awesome! I think my issue is pride and coming back after 25 years. i don't want people to see me shoot 90 and not knowing I am shooting corner pins... I know it's stupid! Also when I first came back I was shooting 170 to 230 and now it seems the more I learn the worse I bowl. My league average is like 150 now...
    Last edited by LOUVIT; 10-06-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    “There’s nothing like throwing a 16lb 8.5 inch sphere at 10 3.5lb wooden objects spaced 12 inches apart and having them all hit each other” proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    that is awesome! I think my issue is pride and coming back after 25 years. i don't want people to see me shoot 90 and not knowing I am shooting corner pins... I know it's stupid! Also when I first came back I was shooting 170 to 230 and now it seems the more I learn the worse I bowl. My league average is like 150 now...
    lol I don't have a problem with shooting racks of corners but I hate doing one step drills because I feel like everyone is looking at me.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    lol I don't have a problem with shooting racks of corners but I hate doing one step drills because I feel like everyone is looking at me.
    yea all the people on my league also bowl on them day's ( we are all retired) and they are happy just to bowl. When I came back 6 months ago I was serious, guess I was wrong! I am what I am

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by LOUVIT View Post
    Ha Ha, if you're shooting corner pins, and your score on the screen is 90, then you definitely should be shooting corner pins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast